Refurbishing pop up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refurbishing pop up

How many of yall have recovered a popup. I got one with a good frame just has holes in it. So I'm searching for ideas
    Last edited by DWA; 04-06-2016, 11:36 AM.

It's just nylon isn't it? I'm not sure what material you could use. Maybe a canvas would work?

Comment

If the tears/holes aren't too big you could use camo Duct tape. And panty hose to patch windows

Comment

I have one that the cows got to a little bit.

I used a handy stitcher and some 1" nylon strap on high tension tears where there is tension on the fabric. For non tension tears, I just used camo ductape on both sides.

Comment

I had fall over in the field and got eaten by rats

Comment

How big are the holes. If you go to Walmart craft section where they have sewing supplies look by the jean patches. They have black square patches that are about 12" x 12" with adhesive on one side. That's what I use. Put one on the inside & the outside & your good to go. Have to patch holes in mine every year after they are up all season.

Comment

I may be wrong, but it sounds like his cover is GONE.

Comment

Not to hijack a thread but if this discussion has gotten anyone interested in a similar project, I have a popup that is the perfect opportunity for someone to try their hand at refurbishing.

Comment

I have a 1966 cox popup and the top has had holes in but they were patched with fabric sewn over the holes. Works good. Just like Swamp Rabbit said.

Comment

http://bearcreekcanvas.com/ is pretty good...

worked well for what I had done to fix our camper that my wife HAD to have canvas on...they were the only ones that would do what I wanted done just had to pay shipping there and back (about 50 to and 20 from if I remember correctly) on top of the fees...it's actually not to bad to ship for a place that does this all the time...

camper canvas can be a pain in the rear because of the weird angles it gets pulled on...anyhow...good luck!

Comment

This stuff is awesome for all kinds of fabric gear repairs.

Comment

Working...
                      X