Rant...! I Lost my deermeat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid w/ a check to a processor, due to work, time constraints, and weather, I found out sunday, my deer meat was donated, to whom I have no idea.. And I never received a call or text about the freezers were going to be shut down. and if I wasn't there I would loose 2 bucks and $200.00 paid in advance..!!!!!!!! I hope this never happens to any one you.. I am attempting to take the high road and not bash the person.. but I is plenty pissy..!!

and I have to add I have attempted to reach this person since may..
    and also no man I made a mistake or offer re-imbursement..

Both bucks were dropped mid December..
    Last edited by Jakesfish; 09-17-2019, 07:40 PM.

How long did you have them there?

Comment

well I have been using the same for 7 years, and never a issue.I started attempting to pick it up in March, he was still doing euros, and final processing from level 3 mld leases
      Last edited by Jakesfish; 09-17-2019, 07:38 PM.

Comment

That's some crazy chit.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

When did you drop the deer off?

Comment

The few I've been in have a sign posted by the register stating how many days past end of season they are operating, I've seen one said 2 days after end of season! I haven't used but a couple though, I've always been a diy kinda guy.

Comment

Work, time constraints, and weather. ��sucks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
                well I have been using the same for 7 years, and never a issue.I started attempting to pick it up in March, he was still doing euros, and final processing from level 3 mld leases

So 6 months?? It took you 6 months to go get your meat? [emoji33][emoji33]

I know my processor has like a 30 day policy. Anything after 30 days gets donated. He can’t afford space wise to store everybodies meat with so much coming in. I’ve seen some charge a storage fee after two weeks.

Comment

Learn to process your own and you don't have to worry about your deer or getting someone elses meat. It will cost you a little to get the equipment but it's worth it in the long run.

Comment

You were just getting ready to pick up your deer from last season a month before the new season starts?

Comment

It has never happened before he has been slow calling w/ a its ready to be picked up.
                      but I did attempt contact several times. lesson learned.

Comment

I too expect free storage for 6 months...come on man, what did you really expect? Person to blame is yourself waiting this long.

Comment

Need the full story to properly render a judgement. When dropped off, when ready to pick up, processors policy, communication attempts by customer, communication attempts by processor, etc.?

The processor we use is very clear that they're going to process animals quickly and they expect product to be picked up quickly, or else. They do a really good job and we've not had any issues. Sorry you lost your venison.

Comment

Reason 18,294 a processor will never see an ounce of my meat.

Comment

Smart If I had a call, and a Man I need to shut my freezers off I would have taken a day off and driven up, and as I stated he always called w/ a its ready. and as Rocky said is correct.. and yes w/ all the issues I have faced I did loose track of time
                              And I would be glad to pay additional for being late.
                              Last edited by Jakesfish; 09-17-2019, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X