Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doc you have to be the worst tease on this site

Comment

Wake up Doc ..... so did you harvest that one-eyed Marty Feldman looking axis ???

pic from Young Frankenstein - a true classic

cb <*)))>{

Comment

TD,

Man I hope you closed one out! Cant wait for the finale!

Blake,

What was the name of the brain that you took? I dont know abby something? Abby Normal! One of the greatest flicks of all time.

Comment

Doc,

WAKE UP!!! We're waiting on the story...

P.S.
          We got the photo you sent and replied back, thanks!

Comment

Doc - this thread so far may be the ultimate tease...

Comment

Come on Doc, spit it out.......I vote Doc for the the threads of the year.....

Comment

I got to the ranch in time to visit, change my worn out Ranger tire (with the help of Mark), get settled, bathe and head out.

My Ranger tire had sprung so many leaks that I couldn't plug them all. The sealer just threw up its hands and gave up. Mailman made a road trip to get me a tire and rim during my short turn around so that I could hunt without using my pump every time I needed to make a trip.

I thought I was going to have to get our my truck manuel to get to my jack, but Mark was a little quicker, or I stalled long enough, that he got his out instead.

My plan for the week was to quit waiting and to kill one. I had planned to kill either Long Beam (the first one I passed and the one I've passed about 10times since), Five Deuce (the one I've passed several times and tried to shoot a couple), or Skid Mark (the one under the feeder in my last thread and the one that I saw when I was in the tree). No fooling around, just take the shot. I had until this Monday to get it done, but I didn't want to come down to the last minute as is my normal way of operating.

I hunted the Spring Blind where Bobby shot his buck and where Long Beam and 5/2 hang out. Next morning I was going to hunt there and then set up my Skid Mark blind. I just KNEW I had that buck pegged and could kill him. He's the one I had my sights one, but I was going to TRY to kill the first one that turned broadside.

I got to the blind, set my gear up in the blind, put my Chaffehay, corn, and the big Antlermax pellets that I had to dump out of the Junco Boss Bucks in my shooting holes, ran the road feeder and settled in for the evening.

It didn't take long. First the whitetails. This is the farthest along that I've seen on this ranch so far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00879.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	23845488

I didn't get video because he was too close for me to move my tripod and I was afraid to take it from the tripod and hand hold it. Noise. But, Long Beam was there within minutes, in my right side shooting hole. Dang. Did I tell you it was cloudy and lots of thunder? Well, it was. I was torn between shooting him and waiting. What if I shot him and it rained? That would wash out my blood. Dang, but he's giving me a shot under 17 yards and broadside. But what if 5/2 comes in. I probably would rather shoot him. But, dang it's as good a shot as you could want. Yeah, but I've got a week. But, you said you were going to kill the first one of the three and he's first and he'd one of the three. Yeah, but what about Skid Mark. He looks like a giant. But Long Beam is here and he's ready. Yeah, but I can't video out that hole. But, for you it's not all about the video. While kicking all that around in my head, he left.

A buck that Mark would later name Cry Baby came in to my left and started eating. The axis were moving early. Lots of roars.

Name:	DSC00880.JPG
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	23845489

Then, wouldn't you know it, LB comes back and is in my video shooting hole. Still thundering. Still cloudy. Still the same excuses, and could you ask for a better pose than the last one to shoot?

Name:	DSC00881.JPG
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	23845490

Name:	DSC00883.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	23845494

Well, it looks like LB might be the one. What's he looking at? He suddenly leaves and behind him I see 5/2. OK, now I wait. I WANT 5/2.

Name:	DSC00884.JPG
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	23845491

Name:	DSC00885.JPG
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	23845492

They kind of paralleled each other, demonstrating dominance and left. Crud, they were gone.

Little later, LB comes back. I get my camera off the tripod and video him at 17 yards. Boy, he's tempting. Still thundering though and still have the same indecision. Then he leaves.

I may be an idiot.

Name:	DSC00887.JPG
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	23845493

Still early. Who knows what could happen.

Comment

Cry Baby was still feeding.

Name:	DSC00900.JPG
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	23845495

Then, 5/2 walks right in front of my blind, crossing over to Cry Baby.

Name:	DSC00891.JPG
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	23845496

Man he looks good.

Name:	DSC00892.JPG
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	23845499

He posed.

Name:	DSC00893.JPG
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	23845500

Yeah, but what if it rained? What about Skid Mark? Do I REALLY want to be through the first evening?

Then he turned toward me, fed a bit, and left.

Name:	DSC00894.JPG
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	23845497

He came back. Fed, turned broadside at 20 yards. Gave me a shot, but it was still thundering. Then he left.

Cry Baby got tired of waiting and bedded.

Name:	DSC00898.JPG
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	23845498

Then, a little after 6, he came back in. He posed....perfectly at 18 yards.

Name:	DSC00900.JPG
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	23845495

A little sun popped out to the north and west of me. Rain threat over? What more could I ask for. It was time to play this domino.

Comment

Yeah, and then what...

Comment

I know how the story ends and the suspense is killing me. Great read Doc.

Comment

very nice.....waiting for the punch line though

Comment

Come on already!!!

Steve, give me a call!

Comment

Man talk about a long tease. Keep it coming.

Comment

You gotta be kidding!!! Whats "the rest of the story"? This is so not cool!

Comment

come on already!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X