No announcement yet.

Lethargic Blue Lacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would notice if this was the case, but mine chewed up her bed one day and swallowed a lot of the stuffing. She got an obstruction and wouldn't do anything for days. Once it finally passed she was fine. That could be the issue w the leg bone/hoof.

Comment

The store bought bones and chews always made my dog sick, vet told me only give her deer antlers to chew on. Been giving her them about 2 yers now without any more stomach issues.

Comment

Sounds like a blockage due to something he swallowed.

Comment

When my Lacy was a big pup, she acted like that so I took her to the vet. She had been eating possum poop and had a bacterial infection. Vet said it would have killed her if not taken care of. A few months later she started acting like that again and took her in again. She had an amoebic infection from catching and eating grass hoppers. A few months later, again. This time she had a gob of aluminum foil stuck in her gut Vet went up her but and pulled that out. A few months later, again. This time it was a plastic glove I used to clean a hog. I won't even bother with the bat story.

Comment

Thyroid.

Comment

I had a really good hog dog that did something similar. I saw the white foam around her mouth on my way to work. Figured I take her to the vet after my shift that night. She died during the night. Sad stuff.

Comment

Try giving your dog a kids chewable pepto bismol.

Comment

Any update.

Comment

Comment

Update: took my boy to the vet this morning. Vet can’t find what’s wrong. She put him on some fluids and meds. Negative blockage/negative heart worms / negative liver issues but high white blood cell count. She thinks the dog ate something. Kidney is an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by More Liberty View Post
                        Update: took my boy to the vet this morning. Vet can’t find what’s wrong. She put him on some fluids and meds. Negative blockage/negative heart worms / negative liver issues but high white blood cell count. She thinks the dog ate something. Kidney is an issue.
                        Thanks for updat and prayers for a good outcome

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck24 View Post
                          Thanks for updat and prayers for a good outcome
                          Hope to hear some good news later.

Comment

Update:

Appears to be getting more energy. However, the vet thinks he ate something he shouldn't have like a toxic substance. She thinks maybe anit-freeze but I simply don't know if that's it. I haven't had anti-freeze out and I don't have neighbors in close proximity. It's possible that a vehicle could leak it but my F-250 is new, my wife's Tahoe doesn't leak. I do have some organic fertilizer that's based on chicken droppings.

She hasn't tested for kidney infection but will

Comment

Mine has even kinda like that the last couple of days, think it may have been some old jerky I found in the freezer and gave to him. I guess old dogs are a lot like us old folks, the iron in the old stomach just not as cast as it used to be!

Comment

Update:

Ramadi cam home on Friday - still not 100%. Yesterday we had to take him back for a checkup and his Blood Urine Nitrogen levels went back up; they were on a decline. Vet says he's still fighting the toxicity. The range for Blood Urine Nitrogen (BUN) should be between 1-27. His was 49 last Friday when I brought him home. It was 181 when we got to the vets yesterday but after some fluids it's at 98. The vet taught us how to give him fluids at home. It's kinda like a poor mans IV. The vet isn't sure why the BUN levels went up.

Comment

Working...
                                X