Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Cabo San Lucas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabo San Lucas

Thinking about taking the family to Cabo between Christmas and New Years, any recommendations on fishing charters and places to stay, thanks.

My advice: stay in a nice resort (we stayed at the Westin the first time) and do not do the timeshare presentation. I don't care if they offer you a private jet, don't do it.

Comment

Pisces fishing is good, we used them last year and caught 18 yellowfin tuna and a marlin. We have a timeshare at Diamante' so I can't help on places to stay

Comment

Been twice. Love it there.

Stayed at pueblo bonito which is/was adults only. The last time we stayed at sandos sinistera. Sandos wasn't as nice but still a good resort. Its close enough to the marina and town you can walk.

We fished with redrum and while we only caught one tuna and had 3 hook ups we literally fished the day after a hurricane. No one caught fish that day. Id fish with them again just on the customer service we got from them. And the owners are from texas.

We did a timeshare sales pitch. I didn't find it so bad. Got a free breakfast buffet and a massage for listening to some guy talk.

Best advice I can give is line up your transfers BEFORE you leave home. Once you arrive pay zero attention once you exit the automatic doors of the airport. Be-line to the area your car will pick you up, get in, have a beer and enjoy it.

I have a friend down there now that rented car for a week for something like 63 bucks. His credit card is covering the insurance Cabo wants to sell for 800

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Been twice. Love it there.

Stayed at pueblo bonito which is/was adults only. The last time we stayed at sandos sinistera. Sandos wasn't as nice but still a good resort. Its close enough to the marina and town you can walk.

We fished with redrum and while we only caught one tuna and had 3 hook ups we literally fished the day after a hurricane. No one caught fish that day. Id fish with them again just on the customer service we got from them. And the owners are from texas.

We did a timeshare sales pitch. I didn't find it so bad. Got a free breakfast buffet and a massage for listening to some guy talk.

Best advice I can give is line up your transfers BEFORE you leave home. Once you arrive pay zero attention once you exit the automatic doors of the airport. Be-line to the area your car will pick you up, get in, have a beer and enjoy it.

I have a friend down there now that rented car for a week for something like 63 bucks. His credit card is covering the insurance Cabo wants to sell for 800
          I fished with RedRum. I'd recommend them again to anyone. Made arrangements for everything online before I left home.
          To re-iterate, do not stop in the airport, do not listen to them when they tell you what you're doing is illegal. DO NOT STOP walking to your pre-arranged ride. Have your driver take you to Wal-Mart on the way to the resort to load up on snacks, sammich items and beer, water and liquor unless you're doing an all inclusive. Be prepared to fight off constant peddlers on the beach and at the marina.

Comment

Family = Sandos or Riu Palace
            Couples = Pueblo Bonito Pacifica
            Fishing= Picante, spendy but worth it

Comment

We stayed at the Riu Palace and chartered with Red Rum. Both great experiences! Also, fun golf at the Cabo San Lucas Country Club...some very nice homes on the course, some with multiple blacked out Suburbans/Escalades out front

Have fun!

Comment

Would love to visit again, have not been there since the mid 90’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Going to the new Hard Rock they just built down there. Headed out end of the month for a week. It’s supposed to be really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks for the tips, will check them all out.

Comment

pueblo bonito to stay and fish with redrum.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                        I fished with RedRum. I'd recommend them again to anyone. Made arrangements for everything online before I left home.
                        To re-iterate, do not stop in the airport, do not listen to them when they tell you what you're doing is illegal. DO NOT STOP walking to your pre-arranged ride. Have your driver take you to Wal-Mart on the way to the resort to load up on snacks, sammich items and beer, water and liquor unless you're doing an all inclusive. Be prepared to fight off constant peddlers on the beach and at the marina.
                        What is the deal in and out of the airport? What are people trying to get you to do I mean?

Comment

We've been several times.

Stay at Playa Grande and fish with Redrum

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                            What is the deal in and out of the airport? What are people trying to get you to do I mean?
                            Trying to get you to use their overpriced transport, time share presentations, etc with extremely high pressure sales

Comment

Redrum has always done a great job for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X