No announcement yet.

2-fletch legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most clubs have what is called a "California" or "Texas Walkup" start. You can start anytime between two set times, like maybe 8am-1pm. Different clubs have different times. There are a few clubs (and a few of the big shoots) that still use a "Shotgun" start, where they assign you a target and blow a horn for everyone to start at the same time.

Bisch

Comment

These were shotguns starts, then. The Texas Walkup sounds much better to me.

More relaxed. I'm big into relaxed. :-)

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by RoyseCity View Post
        These were shotguns starts, then. The Texas Walkup sounds much better to me.

More relaxed. I'm big into relaxed. :-)

Joe
        I totally agree. With the shotgun start, the clubs are losing money from trad folks. A lot of us will shoot two (or more) rounds in the different trad classes if we can, but a shotgun start disallows that!

Bisch

Comment

Don't know about any rules, but a lot of Native American shafts had only two feathers attached to stablize the arrow!

Comment

4dog and Flintknapper-

While I am not a primitive archer (except in the eyes of compounders:-), I have huge admiration for you guys.

A friend in Colorado killed his first elk with his self-built Osage selfbow last year, after years of trying. I can only imagine the satisfaction in that.

Cool to know that 2-fletch has those roots...

Joe

Comment

Joe, all of our Club Shoots are walk ups, shoot with whoever you like, we do have two shoot a year, our ASA Qualifier and our Deerman shoot that are Shotgun Start. Usually, you still get to shoot with your friends, but everyone goes off at the same time.

Our first Shoot is a week from Today. Come on out. I will be there one of the two days and I will be at the Denton TBOT shoot the other day. I do not yet know which day I will be going to Denton.

By the way, do you live near Royce City? I live in Lavon, so if you do, we are almost neighbors

Wayne

Comment

The two fletch is fine RC. I am pretty sure IBO is the only organization who has a rule about that and that's one shoot here in Texas. Two fletch is all I shoot anymore.

Comment

Yes, Wayne, between Royse and Tawakoni. I hope to make the Collin County shoot. Might join the club, even!

Thanks, Green, and all. Pretty arrows!

Joe

Comment

Yep! Two fletch here!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X