No announcement yet.

Good old days of TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has changed some post crash too... The amount of amigos I've made is insane & glad to have found the place. I guess the biggest impact has been the unfortunate loss of first class members.

I asked the same question some time ago & got some good replies:

fwiw...

Comment

How about Aggiebowman's thread "Why would anybody want to shoot a sheep"

Probably not worded exactly right but as I recall it was very entertaining! :-)

Where is Jason anyway????

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        I am pretty sure it was my freshman year at UT which would have been the Fall of 98, but that was a long time ago. The first thread I remember is Casey talking hunting in Purmela that got me started. The screen was white, you didn't have to register to post back then, and the members policed themselves..........for the most part.

My other old memory is sending Casey $20 to buy Michael a bow. I think I had about $73 dollars in my checking account back then in college, but it was something I wanted to due even though I couldn't afford it.
        That was a Hoyt bow- I remember that, the latest and greatest they had to offer at the time.
        I'm sure he's stuck a lot of animals with it before he upgraded.
        I know I was around pre- 2001, on dial up as well.

It has become a place to absorb a wealth of knowledge on any topic under the sun.
        Do a search on any given topic and it has most likely already been discussed before.

Comment

When I joined the screen wasn't green.

Here's an Xspot story i can share...annual trips down to pig hunt with Jerry G on the Cerito Prieto ranch.
          First evening out...i found a ton of hogs and after piling 4-5 in the truck i came back to camp to reload on refreshments. If your going to hunt all night on a full moon one must stay hydrated.

Jared had come back to camp as well and had not seen a pig. I told him come with me Im tired of shooting and dragging by myself. Well some time well after midnight we had loaded a few more pigs in the truck and Jared was up to bat in the rotation...He put on a great stalk and closed the distance to 30 yards as i watched through binoculars from the truck.

I saw him draw and saw the lighted nock drill into a big black hog. I waited a few minutes and drove up to him. I asked where did you hit him? His response - perfect right behind the shoulder! When we found the pig sure enough he hit him behind the shoulder...except a more accurate description would have been right in the ham!

In his defense we were out of aiming fluid by this time and immediately went back to restock.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
            Good grief is that last sentence English? That was Tink worthy.
            LOL! Tnik strikes again!
            Jeff Young

Comment

Ahhh man!!!!!

ONLY a VERY FEW will remember this!!

While the mods were away at the FIRST bownanza...a certain person who I wont mention LOL!! Was out in his back yard SHOOTING HIS BOW NAKED!! And posted a picture of it!! LOL!!!!!!

OR how about when HEATH went off on the women of TBH and told them TBH was no place for women..LOL!!

Over the years I have met some of THE VERY BEST PEOPLE on this planet thanks to TBH..

Dale Moser took a beating when he first came on the scene!!!

The very BEST memories..B.U.S.T. on the Cerrito Perito!!
              Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 03-06-2013, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Ahhhhh, before Wildman got on his meds. The TBH sponsored youth hunts. The North vs. South shoot out up here at MAC. And we can never forget before the bike chic there was the girl in yellow.

Comment

I have been divorced for almost 9 years. And, I can remember selling some of my toys to members of TBH just before the divorce. So, well over ten years.

Comment

What about when Danny "Wildman" roped the ram and posed with it for a LDP!!

Comment

Been around a long, long time. You could post in the morning and if nobody responded, it would be near the bottom of the first page that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                        What about when Danny "Wildman" roped the ram and posed with it for a LDP!!
                        I have that video somewhere- it was tbh hunt at bowhunters paradise. When it first opened and his Colorado friend assured 140s behind every tree- none of us even came closing to killing anything but a 1/2 dead pet ram

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                          When I joined the screen wasn't green.

Here's an Xspot story i can share...annual trips down to pig hunt with Jerry G on the Cerito Prieto ranch.
                          First evening out...i found a ton of hogs and after piling 4-5 in the truck i came back to camp to reload on refreshments. If your going to hunt all night on a full moon one must stay hydrated.

Jared had come back to camp as well and had not seen a pig. I told him come with me Im tired of shooting and dragging by myself. Well some time well after midnight we had loaded a few more pigs in the truck and Jared was up to bat in the rotation...He put on a great stalk and closed the distance to 30 yards as i watched through binoculars from the truck.

I saw him draw and saw the lighted nock drill into a big black hog. I waited a few minutes and drove up to him. I asked where did you hit him? His response - perfect right behind the shoulder! When we found the pig sure enough he hit him behind the shoulder...except a more accurate description would have been right in the ham!

In his defense we were out of aiming fluid by this time and immediately went back to restock.
                          Bwahaha!!! FUNNY stuff!! Great stories and memories. Loving all of the posts.

Comment

I really enjoyed my first year or so on the site. Lots of management talks. Lots of philosophical discussions. Got to know Travis and Brock. Got to argue with Tuthdoc about deer management. I really wish I would have been able to meet him. We were trying to set something up to go have lunch in Encinal or Freer while he was down at Junco.

Comment

Been here since 1999.I guess I am a Elder now.

Comment

The original beaver thread...

Comment

Working...
                                X