Good old days of TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
    That was hilarious! Good thing it was a hoax... That could have been really bad

Comment

logged on back in 1999-2000ish. Posted a lot more back then when you could miss a few days and still stay caught up. Also seems like a greater majority of the threads actually centered around hunting. Gotta admit, I visit less and less as time goes on and things keep changing.

Comment

I got here a little after Dale Moser . But before Wise County Buck, aka WCB (Hi Mike ). Got two VEs after Arrow Pilot took over them (not on Legdog's list), and a BZ to go with one . Heath was on the Whitney thread back when I first found this place . He had an avitar with some feller with a short reddish beard. I was doing a Google search on Bosque County hunting when I found it. I had been hunting Whitney since 1985ish.

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
        I gave money for that as well.....we bought him a HOYT!

THE MOJO!!!!

Legdog and I got into a post war....he had the most posts from the beginning.....the night I passed him....we got into a pixel posting war......believe we crashed the server. That was the second crash, before the infamous 2006 crash LOL! The first crash wasn't as spectacular.

The Mojo was strong back then . I remember that war too . It about killed me cause I had dial-up. But couldn't wait till the next post! And I've still got dial up today .

Originally posted by jpbruni View Post
        I miss Breck (and Stratton!)

J.P.

Breck had a DIY home page on building trail cams, modifications on the Trophy Ridge drop-a-way, and many other things. He also did bulk camera builds for TBHers. And also did full moon hog hunts on the Steiner Ranch, and always loaded that pick-up full of hogs . I remember Stratton's first hog hunt too.

One of the first people I met at my 1st Bownanza was RSAT. His 1st Bownanza too. Or maybe it was his 1st time to drink a little to much beer on Friday back then . Lot's of great memories, and people here .

Comment

This thread needs to come back up!!

Comment

I was the proud owner of a few VE's... I think it was '02 when I found it. Pretty much just tried to pick on Mailman very chance I could, then stuck around long enough to learn a ton about bow hunting and video.

The first story I remember reading was Michael's blue bull hunt. And the trail camera builds were great, with the liquid nail and paint camo jobs.
            We had a hunting teams one year.
            I've bought and sold tons of stuff here and every deal was great.
            I've hauled stuff for folks and they for me, TBH express style.
            I think I spit coke on my computer screen the first time I saw the javi video.

What a great site, what good people.

Comment

Sounds like some good times. So would anyone have "the video of the Javi" everyone is talking about??

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                This thread needs to come back up!!
                Agreed

Comment

I remember joining a long time before the screen was green. Life got in the way before the "Big Crash" and didn't get back on until '09. I couldn't belive how much it had changed and yet was still the same great place it's always been. I've been fortunate enough to have meet some great folks from here and still hunt with several of them. Most of the stuff on this thread I had forgoten about. Great thread

Comment

I joined in 08 when several buddies bought bows and I was looking for a used one because I wasnt going to hunt with it but needed something cheap to fling arrows with em in city limits. I thought I would just be in and out of the classifieds. Those buddies are long gone, I hardly hunt with a rifle and I still hang out here way too much.

The best thing that happened for me was Michael working up here in the metromess for that short period and the happy hours and get togethers were a little more regular. This is when my wife "got it" and she became a part of TBH. It really has become a second family for us once she got on board...

One of my funniest stories is when I got my first ******* (the banned hand sign of TBH). I was driving in Keller and a guy threw it at me from his company vehicle and then pointed to my TBH sticker. I texted Moser that I had "just got my first ******* from some guy in his work truck"...Moser typed back "You should stay out of strange men's work trucks".....It is bad when you start reading messages/texts in the person's real voice too!

My family wouldnt trade for the Nanzas and the cannon ball contests either...We have met a lot of good folks through the green screen.

Comment

Originally posted by j.trevor123 View Post
                      Sounds like some good times. So would anyone have "the video of the Javi" everyone is talking about??
                      Post 125

Comment

Some really good people have come and gone.

Comment

10,000 members is a lot!!!!! So is 40,000. I wonder how many contributing members there are that are on here daily???

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post

Some really good people have come and gone.
                            A lot more really good folks have come……and are still here Tom.

Comment

I believe I started in either '02 or '03, I was about 13, first bowhunt ever was with Danny "Wildman" Evans in Sabinal (can't remember for the life of me what ranch it was) and I shot my first pig which proceeded to run off in the thick brush with my arrow, later that night my dad (Exterminator), Danny, and Trey Powers took off in the brush after it, long story short Danny tackled it and stabbed it to death with the arrow! HA! Oh yeah y'all may remember me better as Rookiehunter!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                                I remember being around when it was the blue screen. I think I joinded in 99 or 2000.

One of the funniest Post was the little midget guy wanting to whip Jaspro!!
                                I recall that. I think I had more post before the crash then I do now.

Comment

Working...
                                X