Leveling or Lifting a 2004 GMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leveling or Lifting a 2004 GMC

If you wanna beef up your truck a little would you just install a leveling kit or just go with a 3" suspension lift all the way around? I'm wanting to raise the front end more than anything.

i would do the leveling kit, cheaper an you will get the effect you a looking for.

Comment

I have a 2009 half ton Z-71 and went with a Rough Country leveling kit. It consist of two spacers. It was 64.95 and took about 45 minutes to install. I was very pleased. www.roughcountry.com

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
        i would do the leveling kit, cheaper an you will get the effect you a looking for.
        X2

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
          I have a 2009 half ton Z-71 and went with a Rough Country leveling kit. It consist of two spacers. It was 64.95 and took about 45 minutes to install. I was very pleased. www.roughcountry.com
          did you install yourself?

Comment

Yes sir. I did mine my dads and a buddy of mines. It comes with directions. Fairly simple to install.

Comment

Yes sir. I did mine my dads and a buddy of mines. It comes with directions. Fairly simple to install.
              How much did it raise your front end? Got any pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
                How much did it raise your front end? Got any pics?
                x2

Comment

do you have pics?

Comment

It raised it about 3 1/2 inches. Im running larger wheels and tires than the ones in the picture. No change in ride either.
                    Attached Files

Comment

nice looks like i will be getting one

Comment

I'd go with the Rough Country leveling kit. I did a complete 6" installation of the Rough Country kit on my FJ. Here are pics and the write-up:

Comment

i have a friend that did his 07 and made a noticiable difference, i think i will put one on my truck, didnt know they were so cheap.

Comment

About to put a leveling kit on my 06' duramax on friday, had a buddy that did it and it definatly makes a difference. Planned on putting a 6" lift on it but I can clear 33's with the leveling kit and its a fraction of the cost

Comment

I still have mine in the box at the house...I haven't decided how to go about installing it yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X