Black widows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black widows

Ok I’m in the market for a wood bow , most likely a black widow psa take down recurve . Thoughts ??? I’ve shot a couple and love em , let’s see all the widow pics guys .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U might want to check out a Bob Lee Bow! Either a takedown longbow or a takedown recurve!

Comment

I don't think you would regret it!! I'm on a longbow kick right now, but my PCH is an awesome bow and one that I'll hang onto forever. I'll try to post some pics later.

Comment

Originally posted by TJShockler View Post
        Ok I’m in the market for a wood bow , most likely a black widow psa take down recurve . Thoughts ??? I’ve shot a couple and love em , let’s see all the widow pics guys .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        You have answered your own question, if you have shot them and love them, then it is the bow for you. Get on their website and order the one you want, i don't think anyone questions their quality

Comment

Here are a couple recent pics of my 58" PCH greenleaf. Had her for 3 years now and has killed a few critters.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I've owned several Widows over the years and they are a tried and true brand. My only issue with them is that they aren't as fast as others out there, not that speed makes a lot of difference. My favorite is the PSR and PCH models.

Best of luck on your choice.

Doug

Comment

I have a PSA. I like it well enough. Shoots smooth and quiet. I would part with it only because it is a little lighter in draw than I want. However it's adequate for most game in the lower 48 so . . .

Gary

Comment

I have had the good fortune to travel all over the world and kill an unbelievable number of animals.
                My BW bows have never let me down, ever.
                Look at the PCH, love mine
                Click image for larger version

Name:	0065AC08-694B-4F40-9290-8C84C81DA343.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	24554271

Comment

Buff knows bows.

Comment

And everything in between

Name:	7D34A912-6E2B-43AA-9557-E287A66BA140.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	24554272

Name:	5048366F-1E94-435C-8BA1-AA75DEFE0DBC.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	24554273

Comment

Can’t go wrong with a PSA...I own a lot of bows but can’t put down the BW to give the others any time
                      I personally favor the PMA, and PTF, and PSA, well, you get the idea
                      Extra limbs are easy to find also

Comment

Originally posted by TexKing View Post
                        Can’t go wrong with a PSA...
                        Extra limbs are easy to find also
                        Excellent idea!

Gary

Comment

I HAVE 3 OF THEM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
                            I've owned several Widows over the years and they are a tried and true brand. My only issue with them is that they aren't as fast as others out there, not that speed makes a lot of difference. My favorite is the PSR and PCH models.

Best of luck on your choice.

Doug
                            ^^THIS^^

Their fit & finish is unmatched, and while they do shoot very good, and perform quite nice, they aren't quite the performers I look for in a bow.

My favorites are the PL (Longbow in 66"), and the PMA (Recurve in 64").

Rick

Comment

TJ you'll never regret going with Black Widow my friend... You will regret knowing that you shoot that bow well and not getting one. As mentioned above, sounds like you already know the answer.

I would not worry to much about the "fast" comments, Black Widows are not slow by any means. First of all they are likely the most well built wood/ glass bow backed by a customer service department second to none. In my experience "fast" bows are finicky and sometimes unstable. I have shot a lot of bows in my relatively short trad shooting time. I will go with stable and smooth all day long and twice on Sunday.

I am a longbow guy at heart so I shoot a Black Widow PLX Longbow... Don't be like me and buy and trade used bows for a couple years and loose enough money to buy two Black Widows.

TJ the only thing that I suggest is DON'T buy a bow that is too heavy for you. Good Luck!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X