Pipe fence? Or other fence around house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a good looking fence to put around a house in the country that will keep cows out?

Post pictures of your fence.

Pipe is gonna look the best. Do NOT do a wood board fence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chain link

Comment

Priefert Ponderosa

Comment

My wife and I just talked about this last night. We only have two acres, but 2 sides are already fenced (pipe fence at neighbors pasture, t-post and no climb by our other neighbors hay field). We have a small pipe fence we put up in the back for the dogs so we think we are going with pipe across the front by the road and just t-posts and no climb down the other side by another empty field/lot. It seems a lot of our neighbors do the same to keep costs down. A driveway gate will be the big expense.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
            Chain link

Not this either

Comment

We pipe fenced our yard and it looks great imo. We will never have to mess with it again besides maybe some paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post

Not this either

We are not doing wood privacy or chain link. Wood rots and cows would lean on chain link and it wouldn't last. Plus I don't like chain link fencing.

I'm mainly looking for pictures of good looking pipe fences. And what do they run to have someone build?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  We are not doing wood privacy or chain link. Wood rots and cows would lean on chain link and it wouldn't last. Plus I don't like chain link fencing.

I'm mainly looking for pictures of good looking pipe fences. And what do they run to have someone build?

You have the right idea. Everybody’s price is different but it’s going to be the most expensive option obviously. You can always do a pipe post fence with high tensile 4x4 wire. It will hold up. Actually building this kind of fence as a weaning pasture right now because I know the calves and mommas are gonna test it

Comment

Pipe looks nice, lasts nearly forever but is expensive. Hot wire if not worried about looks. No privacy fence or chain link.

Comment

I put a 3 board around out house and cows haven’t messed with it. Screwed not nailed. Personally around a house I like wood better but that’s just me.

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
                        I put a 3 board around out house and cows haven’t messed with it. Screwed not nailed. Personally around a house I like wood better but that’s just me.

They haven’t messed with it yet. Hope for he best, build for the worst

Comment

If you stop by our house today, take a look at ours. It's pipe with rock columns. You probably won't want the rock out at the ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                            If you stop by our house today, take a look at ours. It's pipe with rock columns. You probably won't want the rock out at the ranch.
                            Man I forgot again to stop by yesterday! I'll add it to the list today.

Comment

What about just regular wire? Pipe is just so expensive.

When a tree falls on wire, easy & cheap fix. One of these days I’m going to get rid of the wire too! Just another thing in the way.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X