X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dressing/stuffing recipe?

Anyone got a good one?

Todd

I'm afraid I don't have exact amounts, but here's how I make dressing.

2-3 packages of jalapeno cornbread mix
    1 package of Pepperage Farms herb seasoned stuffing
    one bundle of celery
    1-2 onions
    giblets from turkey with neck
    1 stick butter
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    2 eggs
    2-3 finely chopped serrano peppers (To taste) This can be tricky because not all peppers are the same
    broth from giblets & turkey necks

Boil giblets and turkey neck seasoning with salt & pepper (may use extra necks for added flavor)

Saute chopped onions, celery, giblets, and neck meat in 1 stick of butter until translucent.

Crumble jalapeno cornbread and mix with stuffing.

Add sauted onions etc., cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, eggs, and serrano peppers and mix.

Add broth, mixing by hand until pretty moist, almost runny. This is a feel type of thing.

Season with salt & pepper. (Although this may not be neccesary, be careful.)

Transfer into disposable aluminum pans, cover with foil and bake @ 350 until done (maybe 45 minutes to an hour) remove foil to brown top and let some moisture cook out if you like it dryer.

We've made dressing like this in my family for as long as I can remember. It has a little bite to it, but does not have to be too hot.

Comment

MesquiteCountry’s Giblet Dressing

This is a recipe that my grandfather made but took to his grave this is my best attempt to recreate and is pretty darn good.

2 packs cornbread mix
      ½ cup breadcrumbs
      1 cup chopped celery
      1 cup chopped onion
      4 garlic cloves chopped
      ½ pound Chicken gizzards
      3 cups chicken broth
      ½ stick butter
      Salt & Pepper to taste

First prepare your cornbread and bake it to the instructions on the back of the package. Remove and let cool after baking. Then crumble it.
      Bring the chicken broth to a boil and drop in the chicken gizzards. Simmer for 1 hour. Remove let cool then chop in fine pieces. SAVE THE LIQUID.
      Sauté the butter celery and onion and chopped gizzards until the vegetables are translucent. Add the garlic when there is only about 30 or so seconds left of cooking time.
      Next combine the cornbread, breadcrumbs, and sauté mixture together in a bowl. Add the liquid a little at the time until the mixture is moist not overly wet. Should be similar to a hush puppy consistency. Now place in a 9x13-baking dish and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Excellent flavor. Great anytime of the year. If you want to mix it up a bit and try it with seafood. Substitute the gizzards w/ crawfish or shrimp (and add to sauté step instead of boiling) and just use a little water to moisten instead. If you want to make it a little different as well add some dehydrated cranberries and fresh ¼” chopped apple to the sauté step for a fall harvest flavor. Go nuts….

Comment

Working...
      X