• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sub'd for later.

made the venison creamy potatoes from another thread and it was awesome

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
      Made this last night and it was incredible!! And incredibly easy. Put everything in the skillet, covered, and put on low heat and cleaned duck decoys and weed eated for 2 1/2 hours. Came back in and added the water and flour and 30 minutes later it was ready to go!

I will admit I was a little skeptical on how flavorful it would be do to the lack of spices in the dish but the vegetables added more flavor than I could have imagined. I will making this again soon for sure!
      I had the same concerns but it's amazing what onions and peppers can do for flavor, especially when they have time to do their thing. I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Comment

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post
        I had the same concerns but it's amazing what onions and peppers can do for flavor, especially when they have time to do their thing. I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for taking the time to comment!
        I just noticed on your first post about doubling the recipe. Definitely recommend that as well. 4 of us each had two small tacos and it only left enough for about 3 or 4 more tacos. Need to by a bigger skillet I guess because the one I used was pretty much filled to the top before everything cooked down. Also this carne guisada would be excellent served over rice or mashed potatoes and would help use up more of the delicious gravy!

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Tag for later

Comment

I will try this.

I just want you to know that I use these recepies at least once a week. Eveything I have made is awesome. I share this site with everyone. THANK YOU and YOUR WIFE!!!!!!!!

Comment

Gonna give this a try tomorrow for supper.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
                  I will try this.

I just want you to know that I use these recepies at least once a week. Eveything I have made is awesome. I share this site with everyone. THANK YOU and YOUR WIFE!!!!!!!!
                  Thank you so much for sharing! Makes me love what I do even more! [emoji4]

Comment

My wife is making this as we speak. I'm going to take it on my Hagerman pig hunt this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                      My wife is making this as we speak. I'm going to take it on my Hagerman pig hunt this weekend!
                      Sounds like a good woman. [emoji6] Have fun hunting!

Comment

I'm making this for tonight's dinner. House smells amazing. It's been stewing for alittle over 2 hours now.. haven't opened the lid since it started..

Used the following:
                        2 lbs vension stew meat
                        3 tomatos
                        1 bell pepper
                        3 jalapenos
                        2 onions
                        3 cloves fresh minced garlic
                        cumin, fajita seasoning, texjoy and black pepper (eye balled amounts)

This was the prep photo before it started stewing.

Andrew
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zr2chevy22 View Post
                          I'm making this for tonight's dinner. House smells amazing. It's been stewing for alittle over 2 hours now.. haven't opened the lid since it started..

Used the following:
                          2 lbs vension stew meat
                          3 tomatos
                          1 bell pepper
                          3 jalapenos
                          2 onions
                          3 cloves fresh minced garlic
                          cumin, fajita seasoning, texjoy and black pepper (eye balled amounts)

This was the prep photo before it started stewing.

Andrew
                          Looks perfect!

Comment

The finished product. It was a HUGE hit in the house. Wife said it was the best she's ever had and she LOVES Carne Guisada. We ate it with tortillas, rice and beans.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zr2chevy22 View Post
                              The finished product. It was a HUGE hit in the house. Wife said it was the best she's ever had and she LOVES Carne Guisada. We ate it with tortillas, rice and beans.
                              That's awesome! [emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                              X