Deleted Trucks Check Engine Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted Trucks Check Engine Light

How is everyone with deleted trucks turning there check engine light off? Seems tuners are not capable these days with the EPA checking in on them. I bought a 2006 6.0 f250 to run around on the farm with so I wouldn’t tear up my new truck, had it deleted now the dreaded check engine light is on, only thing I know to do is pull out bulb.

Get a cheap scan tool or have the code pulled at the parts store.

Comment

Originally posted by ABroussard View Post
      Get a cheap scan tool or have the code pulled at the parts store.
      I’ve got a scanner, you can clear code but comes back on after a few miles. I want to delete the code all together but not possible with the newer type scanners.

Comment

I have the H&S Mini Maxx tuner on my 6.4 and am able to clear codes within tuner itself. Haven’t had any error codes since it was installed unless something is legitimately wrong. May have to pull the bulb.

Comment

Pull dash, small piece of electrical tape over CEL, reinstall dash

Comment

Originally posted by JMart76 View Post
            I have the H&S Mini Maxx tuner on my 6.4 and am able to clear codes within tuner itself. Haven’t had any error codes since it was installed unless something is legitimately wrong. May have to pull the bulb.
            Same here. The H&S tells you what the issue is. May just take it to a mechanic.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan View Post
              Same here. The H&S tells you what the issue is. May just take it to a mechanic.
              Mechanic cannot help

Comment

It is on Yahoo, vid.

Comment

Pretty sure OP is inferring that the Check Engine light is on because the truck is deleted and does not want or need the code scanned.

If that’s the case and it’s a ranch only truck then you and Sleepy already nailed the two easiest and cheapest fixes for the light.

Comment

Find the right inspection shop. They are out there. Might have to cross the tracks though.

Comment

Who ever did you delete should be able to take care of it .

Comment

What code are you getting? If it’s due to the deletes the tune writer did a poor job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a 2006 6.0, every once in a while I get a check engine light, and my scan gauge indicates a EGR code, and I may/or may not have the EGR. Just reset via the SCT (that I may or may not have), and good for another trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            What code are you getting? If it’s due to the deletes the tune writer did a poor job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Check engine light is on due to the egr delete, I believe it’s P0401. I have a SCT tuner/scanner but the new scanners cannot get rid of the check engine light, I need an older scanner made before 2017. I tried to order a custom tune online but nobody is willing to write a tune to delete the P0401 code.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                              I have a 2006 6.0, every once in a while I get a check engine light, and my scan gauge indicates a EGR code, and I may/or may not have the EGR. Just reset via the SCT (that I may or may not have), and good for another trip.
                              I’ve got a SCT scanner that’s new, you can clear the code but it immediately pops back up in just a few miles and turns the check engine light back on.

Comment

Working...
                              X