how many dogs in a life time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many dogs in a life time

so while buying dog food today i started remembering all the dogs i had from my past, im 48 yrs old and to date i have had a total of 28 dogs, how many have you had in your life time and what was the your best and worse dog.
    my best dog is my chocolate lab to date name jackie, the sweetiest and best bird dog i ever had, and the worse was a scared blue tick hound, that dog was always shaking and hiding, had her about 3 months and my dad sold her, i was 8 yrs old then, her is my best dog ever
    Attached Files

28 dogs!

Do you own a Chinese restaurant?

We’ve had two. The best was our Newfoundland.

Comment

how many dogs since you have been born, all the dogs you have owned in your life

Comment

I’m on number 7 total. Best one today was the heeler i had growing up. Lived to be 16 and I swear you could talk to her like a person. Protective as all get out and extremely intelligent. I’ve got a 12 month old collie now that’s got the genes to be just as good, we’ll see if she can calm down enough to get there one day!

Comment

Our best hands down has been a minature schnauzer we have had for 10 years and all 3 boxers we have owned. Boxers are great.

Comment

6 dogs total here. The best I've had is still with us, a 14 year old healer mix I picked up as a stray pup. Loyal and obedient, she even tolerates the wife! I sure am going to hate the day we have to say goodbye.

Comment

I'm 64 and had one. Ran across the highway and was ran over and never got another one.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                28 dogs!

Do you own a Chinese restaurant?

We’ve had two. The best was our Newfoundland.

This is without question the funniest thing I have read today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

42 years old and 8 dogs over the years. Have 3 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

43 dogs. All but 2 are from my adult life. Best dog was my 17 year lab that passed away two months ago.

Comment

We had 4 throughout my growing up years. In the 30 years I’ve been married we have had 6. We were stuck in the cycle of having two at a time, an old one and a young one. The old one dies and you have to get a friend for the remaining dog, and the cycle continues. We finally put a stop to that when our lab died last year. This is the first time we have had just one. We are fortunate that we’ve never had a bad or idiot dog. I will say that the one we have now -a Gordon Setter mix we rescued as a pup - is the smartest one of the bunch

Comment

Three dogs and I am 58.

Each of them lived 12 to 14 years.

Comment

I don't know the number, but I've had a slew of them. Seemed that our house was a stray magnet growing up. You'd have five dogs and go out the next day and have four. The next day you'd have 6. The highway got some, some wandered off, some got sick and dad put them down. The best was Abby, a black lab duck dog who died a couple years back. The worst was probably a doberman named Sheba that got the mange. My dad soaked her in burnt motor oil and she proceeded to run through the open front door and roll all over my mom's rug.....Sheba didn't make it long. Present day, we have a Lab pup and English Mastiff pup.

Comment

I’m 39, I have owned 4 & 1 that owned me. That one was a stray GSP I found in a walmart parking lot on a sept dove hunt. We split a sonic cheeseburger and were best friends ever since. She had been abused and was gun shy, but over the next year she grew to trust me and got over the shyness and turned into a hunting machine on upland AND waterfowl. I say she owned me because she ran the house, she was a queen and I trusted her nose so I let her lead me through the fields.

I’ve been lucky, I had that dog 16 years and a 1/2 lab, 1/2 GSP 17. Have a draht now that is almost 11. She has a better nose, and more versatile (better in cold weather), but she can be hard headed and hunt for herself if she is mad at me! LOL!

Comment

I am on number 14.

Comment

Working...
                              X