IBO Traditionals coming to TEXAS !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poco bueno View Post
    Hey Rick, so what do you think about an IBO shoot in Corpus? See my post above ^^^^^.

Let me know what you think. I can put you in contact with the right people for sure.

Ray
    We would Love to add Corpus..............My wife Loves the beach...................... talk to the folks at your club set a date and reply back..........Its that simple............and THANK YOU to everyone who is making this possible!

Comment

I heard from a pard that us Texans are all hat, lol... I heard that we let an out-of-state fellow come in and win the 2013 Texas IBO Traditional Championship. Oh well maybe next year we can hold our own title

Comment

Updated List.....................

GREAT NEWS! 6 Clubs have set dates for State Qualifiers......Dates are going to Start filling in fast!

FEB 15th,16th 2014 Archers For Christ Paris Texas (We will also have a 10 target Sims Range w/50% CASH PAYBACK) that cost 15.00 per round no limit on rounds or classes)
        Contact Charles Jones

MARCH 7-9, 2014 IBO Mid-America Regionals Chester, TX
        Traditional Championship: 40 Targets
        Bowhunter Challenge: 20-25 targets
        Contact Bill Decker

March 15-16, 2014Mike Ray & Heather Jackson fro the WildLife TV Show Will host A Wild TXTIBO Qualifier with footage filmed and aired on the show!

April 26-27 ,2014 – Abilene Bowhunters Assn TXTIBO Qualifier - Abilene, TX – Contact Ron Ferguson

May 3rd-4th,2014 - Wildcat Archery Club TXTIBO Qualifier - Muenster, Tx - Contact Thomas Olah

JUNE 21st & 22nd, Panola County Archery Club Carthage ,TX Contact David Britt Jr

Classes are as follows:

There are actually only 10 clases unless you count the Eagle class, which is really just another youth class.

1. MEN’S Primitive (PRM)

2. Men's Longbow (LB)

3. Men's Modern Longbow (MLB)

4. Men's Recurve (REC)

5. Men's Recurve Un-Aided (RU)

6. Men & Women combined Seniors (SR)

7. Women's Longbow (FLB)

8. Women's Recurve (FREC)

9. Youth (YU) up to age 16 at time of tournament

10. Cub (CUB) Age 10 or under at time of tournament

Comment

We are official, recieved the signed contract from IBO yesterday. It is on for March 7-9 in Chester.

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
            I heard from a pard that us Texans are all hat, lol... I heard that we let an out-of-state fellow come in and win the 2013 Texas IBO Traditional Championship. Oh well maybe next year we can hold our own title
            ????? We did not have TXTIBO State Championship for 2013 brother.................must have been taking a nap and dreaming

Comment

Oneway, im going to send you a PM with two names and phone numbers for the guys that can make the Corpus shoot happen. These guys are two of the ones that got a bunch of others around here shooting traditional bows. To boot there both on the Tejas Bowmen board.

I have spoken with them at a shoot a week ago and they were excited to here the come back of Texas IBO.

I will continue to do whatever i can to help you guys down here. Just let me know if anything else is needed.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by poco bueno View Post
                Oneway, im going to send you a PM with two names and phone numbers for the guys that can make the Corpus shoot happen. These guys are two of the ones that got a bunch of others around here shooting traditional bows. To boot there both on the Tejas Bowmen board.

I have spoken with them at a shoot a week ago and they were excited to here the come back of Texas IBO.

I will continue to do whatever i can to help you guys down here. Just let me know if anything else is needed.

Ray
                Ray Got the PM will do brother! Thanks

Comment

Here is the TXTIBO 2014 current schedule as I have it:

TXTIBO (Texas Traditional IBO)
                  2014 Shoot Schedule

````````````````````

JANUARY - open

````````````````````

FEBRUARY

15th,16th 2014 Archers For Christ Paris Texas - We will also have a 10 target Sims Range with 50% CASH PAYBACK that cost 15.00 - Contact Charles Jones

````````````````````

MARCH

7-9 IBO Mid-America Regionals Chester, TX Contact Bill Decker

15-16 Mike Ray & Heather Jackson from the WildLife TV Show Will host A Wild TXTIBO Qualifier with footage filmed and aired on the show!

````````````````````

APRIL

26-27 2014 – Abilene Bowhunters Assn TXTIBO Qualifier - Abilene, TX – Contact Ron Ferguson
                  the2fergusons@suddenlink.net 325-669-8788

````````````````````

MAY

3rd & 4th 2014 Wildcat Archery Club Muenster, TX - Contact : Thomas Olah

17 & 18 Stickbow Tournament Chester, TX - Contact Bill Decker

````````````````````

JUNE

21st & 22nd Panola County Archery Club Carthage ,TX - Contact David Britt Jr

````````````````````

JULY - open

````````````````````

AUGUST - open

````````````````````

SEPTEMBER - open

````````````````````

OCTOBER - open

````````````````````

NOVEMBER - open

````````````````````

DECEMBER - open

````````````````````

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Oneway View Post
                    ????? We did not have TXTIBO State Championship for 2013 brother.................must have been taking a nap and dreaming
                    Matter of fact we did have a IBO Championship at Canyon Lake June 9&10. We have had an IBO State Shoot for a while with all classes, including Recurve, Longbow and Traditional classes. Just saying
                    Last edited by caughtandhobble; 07-02-2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

TEXAS will host the IBO MID-AMERICA REGIONAL tournament in Chester, TX on March 7, 8, & 9th of 2014. Plus all the other IBO club tourneys and the TX State IBO Championship next year. What a great promotion for our state, archery, and the fine archers that cover our great state of TEXAS. 2014 will be full of events to shoot. I am glad to promote a fine sport & hobby.

Comment

Why do you all keep the Sterling Harrell Memorial Shoot (Chester, May 17th &18th) on this list? This shoot is not an IBO shoot and will continue in the same fashion as it always has according to Bill Decker.

Just might confuse people who are looking at the TXTIBO schedule.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Skunklady View Post
                          TEXAS will host the IBO MID-AMERICA REGIONAL tournament in Chester, TX on March 7, 8, & 9th of 2014. Plus all the other IBO club tourneys and the TX State IBO Championship next year. What a great promotion for our state, archery, and the fine archers that cover our great state of TEXAS. 2014 will be full of events to shoot. I am glad to promote a fine sport & hobby.
                          Shana, there was an updated list on post #93 see it again below, right now 6 clubs have confirmed qualifier dates with 2 more pending........and at least 14 clubs that will commit later this year............Gonna be huge

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          Why do you all keep the Sterling Harrell Memorial Shoot (Chester, May 17th &18th) on this list? This shoot is not an IBO shoot and will continue in the same fashion as it always has according to Bill Decker.

Bisch
                          Bisch I posted and updated list yesterday on post #93 that was correct , thanks

Originally posted by Oneway View Post
                          Updated List.....................

GREAT NEWS! 6 Clubs have set dates for State Qualifiers......Dates are going to Start filling in fast!

FEB 15th,16th 2014 Archers For Christ Paris Texas (We will also have a 10 target Sims Range w/50% CASH PAYBACK) that cost 15.00 per round no limit on rounds or classes)
                          Contact Charles Jones

MARCH 7-9, 2014 IBO Mid-America Regionals Chester, TX
                          Traditional Championship: 40 Targets
                          Bowhunter Challenge: 20-25 targets
                          Contact Bill Decker

March 15-16, 2014Mike Ray & Heather Jackson fro the WildLife TV Show Will host A Wild TXTIBO Qualifier with footage filmed and aired on the show!

April 26-27 ,2014 – Abilene Bowhunters Assn TXTIBO Qualifier - Abilene, TX – Contact Ron Ferguson

May 3rd-4th,2014 - Wildcat Archery Club TXTIBO Qualifier - Muenster, Tx - Contact Thomas Olah

JUNE 21st & 22nd, Panola County Archery Club Carthage ,TX Contact David Britt Jr

Classes are as follows:

There are actually only 10 clases unless you count the Eagle class, which is really just another youth class.

1. MEN’S Primitive (PRM)

2. Men's Longbow (LB)

3. Men's Modern Longbow (MLB)

4. Men's Recurve (REC)

5. Men's Recurve Un-Aided (RU)

6. Men & Women combined Seniors (SR)

7. Women's Longbow (FLB)

8. Women's Recurve (FREC)

9. Youth (YU) up to age 16 at time of tournament

10. Cub (CUB) Age 10 or under at time of tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

Hey Jerry.

That was given to me to put on the list, but I'll remove it as soon as it is confirmed to be done. I was under the impression that they were holding a TXTIBO qualifier at the same time as the old shoot, but maybe since the contract for the midwest regional that has changed.

Rick

Comment

Maybe we need it on the list of tourneys just so no other club schedules an IBO event over it. Chester is so big every year, all the clubs need to know not to schedule on top of it so we can all participate as much as possible. Also, the Hill Country Shootout is a large one. As well as others I am thinking of. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Sanders View Post
                                Sounds great, we just need more shoots down south towards the coast!
                                I will second that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X