car sale question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
    You can file for a lost title since the last one was in your name. I've done it before. It's not a big deal. Obviously he should reimburse you for the charges by the state.

These things will happen and when they do, it's an opportunity to help others.
    x2

Comment

At the end of the day, it's pure laziness to not get the title transferred within a reasonable time frame.
      It's usually $$ when you get right down to it. People don't realize they have to pay that sales tax to transfer the title. Some don't plan ahead.

I sold a boat once and 2 years later, it was still in my name, game wardens showed up at my door trying to shake me down looking for the rig but it had been sold 2 years prior. I sent them to the new owner's place of business and he had the titles in his safe. They came back and tried to tell me it was my responsibility to get the titles transferred but I told them to butt a stump.

Comment

A good way to make sure the buyer transfers the vehicle in a timely manner is to remove your plates and sticker. You can print a transit permit from the state DMV website that allows the buyer 5 days to transfer the vehicle.

Comment

We are filing the lost title. Just want to get it done. Thank you for all the answers!

Comment

You can get a certified copy of title for $50 I just did it at county office in dallas was fast and easy

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
              You can get a certified copy of title for $50 I just did it at county office in dallas was fast and easy
              What else did you pay for? Cert copy of title is $5.45 in person, $2.00 if by mail.

Comment

You can get duplicate title for like 10 bucks

Comment

Working...
                X