Dog in the Deer Blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog in the Deer Blind?

Do any of you guys take your pup to your box blinds? If so have they ever made you regret it?

My awesome bird dog is terrified of guns.. he doesn't make the outing..lol

Wish he wasn't scared cause i have guns out of the safe all the time and i'd love to take him out to the hunting ranch too

Comment

My dad used to take my lab. She just laid in the corner. She was older and didn’t care about much then. Best dog I’ve ever had. Rip Bailey.

Comment

I have thought about taking my 1yo lab this year. But she does not sit still, and if she does, the first move I make she gets up

Comment

I took my beagle a couple times when she was still alive. She just sat on the floor and slept. It was not smart to let her get in my lap and see out the window, lol. She would be howling at every little movement.

Comment

A buddy of mine used to take his lab with him all the time. Killed a 160's deer, the biggest buck of his life, with his dog tied to the bottom of his tripod. Said the deer would look at the dog but really didn't care.

Comment

Ive took my lab a few times. Rifle hunting though. She would just sit in the corner and chill. Let her out to pee every couple hours and she was good. Took her water and a snack like I did for myself. We sat dang near all day for a few days straight during the rut a few years back. She did awesome, but when I shot she about tore that blind down trying to see what was going on lol. She wanted after whatever it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've taken my JRT a few times, but he sometimes growls when hogs show up, so I quit that.

Comment

Had two labs in blind with me once. No problem just laid over in corner and slept.
                  Had my son's (Artos) black lab in blind once. She was sleeping over in the corner. I fired off a 30-06 round at a doe and missed. Looked over at Scout and she was still snoring. We knew she was getting deaf from all the shotgun firing over her head.

The doe comes back out and I fire again. This time I connect. Look over and she is soundly sleeping.

We lost her to a rattlesnake bite some time after that. RIP Scout.

Comment

Take my JRT every time I sit in a ground blind or rifle hunt in a tower. Taken him ip in the tree stand a few times. He’s quiet but doesn’t get that movement scares deer so he’ll shake or shift his weight and they’ll bounce, so don’t do that anymore.

Comment

I take my Collie a couple times a year in my box blind. She curls up in front of the heater and snoozes. Goes ape **** when I shoot though.

Comment

Had a half Beagle half Catahoula that set in many of bow blinds with me. Shot deer with her in the blind even. She was a good little tracker.

Comment

I take mine and he lays down in the blind. As long as he is with me, he is happy.

Comment

Dog in the Deer Blind?

Mine won’t fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                              Do any of you guys take your pup to your box blinds? If so have they ever made you regret it?
                              I have taken my dog both bow and gun hunting out of a blind. However, if the warden shows up, it could be misconstrued, especially in SETx.
                              Last edited by lovemylegacy; 08-13-2018, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X