Barn Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barn Build

Building a 40x66 barn at my farm that will have a 25x40 apartment with loft. Kind of a toy and man cave build. Wondering if there is any interest in a build along thread? Please know it will be a slow process as all the various subs are pretty busy so there will be some delays between. Never done a DIY thread and don't want to end up like the DIY tanning thread....

DIY is my favorite section of TBH. bring it on! You'll get some good advice before you start and probably along the way!

Comment

Im in looking forward to see the end result

Comment

I'm in!!!!

Comment

Go for it. I imagine there are a bunch of TBHers that can offer their two cents, having done something similar.

Having joined within the last year, I saw the tanning thread for the first time a couple days ago. Immediately I realized the date but assumed i'd still see results. Read through nearly 6 pages before I realized there wouldn't be any.
          Last edited by BlackHogDown; 11-30-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I'll follow along!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I love the shop/barn build-along threads - even though it pegs the needle on my jealousy meter!

Comment

I would follow

Comment

I like looking at these as well no matter the period of time it takes. Best luck!

Comment

Ok I’ll give it a whirl and try to keep it from heading south. Barn is 40x66 stick built 16ft high walls on2ft high concrete walls for 18ft clear. Will have 2 - 18x14 overhead doors and 2 - man doors. Barn will be metal sided and roof with full insulation. Will put metal inside walls and ceiling in storage side and ceiling only on apartment side. A 2x6 studded partition wall separates the storage from apartment. Apartment has living area, kitchen, bathroom, laundry and 10x10 scent free room for storage of my hunting gear. Second level is an open loft with seating and sleeping areas. Debating on putting in a loft in the storage side which would be roughly 8’x20’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Work got underway about a month ago on the drive. This is how far we got then experienced some wet weather. It takes about a week for this ground to dry out and we got rain every 3 days. The drive is 1,240 ft total length. Excavator finished drive and rough grade of building pad yesterday. Footers are scheduled to start Monday. I’ll try to grab some more pictures this weekend.

Comment

The barn is phase one of our build project. We plan to start designing our house the first of the year. Wanted to take advantage of the agricultural exemption and get drive, barn, water and electric back to the build site. Water line is 2” and running a 400 amp electric service. Electric company sized primaries to increase to 600amps should we need more juice in the future.

Comment

In!

Comment

I’m going to do something similar starting in a few months .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                              I’m going to do something similar starting in a few months .
                              Cool - perhaps we can share some ideas. That or learn from my mistakes

Comment

Working...
                              X