Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on how I'm hunting my place?

Guys,

I just want to get everyone's thoughts and opinions as to how Y'ALL would hunt my place. Picture is reflecting "True North". Property is actually thicker that the image shows. Palo-Pinto county and the elevation is fairly steep starting in the middle and heading west. My sets are in the "bottom" type of country along the natural creeks that hit the tanks. Really appreciate everybody's input in advance. Thank you!

150 Acres total.
    Red Line=Property Lines
    Stars=Stands & Feeder Sets
    Blue=Possible Bedding Area
    Yellow=Trails that cross property.
    All tanks have water right now.
    Attached Files

Bow and rifle or bow only? I agree with being next to water but what about the south side of the place. I'd have a set up there bc there looks to be a lil more cover for animals to travel. Seems like there is a natural funnel between the two tanks on the south end. I personally like to be in brush.

Comment

Bow or gun or both?

Comment

Sorry guys... Bow only. Just my wife and I. The south side of the place has a house and barn on it with lamas on it (25) wooded acres. Family rents that house.

Comment

If there's a place on the place that has a a gulley on the fence line next to some woods I'd put a treestand or a blind there. I've noticed deer where I've hunted like to go through those. I'd also look at that northwest corner by that lane cut on the other property. You could catch deer that might be crossing there

Comment

Ok. So you are set up about the only way you could looks like. Maybe move something ove on that strip of trees in the center of the place to look around the open areas.

How's your deer movement now with your current set ups?

Comment

Thanks guys for the input. Seeing good pictures and feeders are getting hit pretty hard. Bucks are in bachelor groups and seeing same 3 "shooters" fairly frequently (1-2 a week). Didn't show opening weekend and I didn't get to go last weekend. I'm heading out Friday to hunt until Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by RooterTX9 View Post
                Thanks guys for the input. Seeing good pictures and feeders are getting hit pretty hard. Bucks are in bachelor groups and seeing same 3 "shooters" fairly frequently (1-2 a week). Didn't show opening weekend and I didn't get to go last weekend. I'm heading out Friday to hunt until Sunday.
                Yeah I'd definitely try that northwest corner! Deer like those small lanes and like to cut corners a lot as well...I know hunting fence lines can be frowned upon but as long as it's on your property you should be good to go!

Comment

Looks like you have plenty of water on your place but lacking much cover. I think your current setups are about as good as you can expect I would possibly try adding some food plots to keep new deer visiting from your neighbors and possibly be able to set up for different wind situations. I have attached what I would attempt to plant in some winter wheat and oats mixed.

[/URL]

Comment

Capt.Bryan, that was actually my next question. Really appreciate the input!

Comment

Working...
                    X