Green Energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
    Did you bother to read ANY of the post I just put up, or do you want to lecture me about the German economy? You say it's great, the German banking system economists say it's crashing. Believe what you want.
    Those "generic references to billions" are documented NUMBERS. I just posted a study done regarding comparative analysis. If you would bother to READ it, it proves my point. Which is this...wind power as a generator of affordable electricity is a FAILURE. Without "billions" (there's that pesky number again) of our tax dollars to get 5% of our needs, it wouldn't exist. People like you saying it's working doesn't make it true.

This is precisely why he is now on my ignore list. If Varmint is faced with logic, he ducks, dodges, cites obscure basement bloggers and proclaims fact is opinion until he can conjure up a way to veer the dialogue into the weeds. Then, he disappears. Prior to his vanishing act, he goes on the lecture circuit but no one knows what the hell he is talking about.

It is a waste of good intellect trying to converse with his Varmintness. Facts be ****ed as long as his subsidized power is serving him well and cheap.

Comment

Green Energy

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
      This is precisely why he is now on my ignore list. If Varmint is faced with logic, he ducks, dodges, cites obscure basement bloggers and proclaims fact is opinion until he can conjure up a way to veer the dialogue into the weeds. Then, he disappears. Prior to his vanishing act, he goes on the lecture circuit but no one knows what the hell he is talking about.

It is a waste of good intellect trying to converse with his Varmintness. Facts be ****ed as long as his subsidized power is serving him well and cheap.

Point noted. Wonder what his favorite caliber for deer hunting is?

Comment

Point noted. Wonder what his favorite caliber for deer hunting is?

Whichever caliber the Gubmint subsidizes.

Comment

Did you bother to read ANY of the post I just put up, or do you want to lecture me about the German economy? You say it's great, the German banking system economists say it's crashing. Believe what you want.
          Those "generic references to billions" are documented NUMBERS. I just posted a study done regarding comparative analysis. If you would bother to READ it, it proves my point. Which is this...wind power as a generator of affordable electricity is a FAILURE. Without "billions" (there's that pesky number again) of our tax dollars to get 5% of our needs, it wouldn't exist. People like you saying it's working doesn't make it true.
          I'm not sure I've seen a worse interpretation of an article. The UK tabloid article you linked contains no mention of an economy that's crashing. It expresses concern for a German economy that has outperformed in recent years, perhaps too much too fast. That obviously sensationalized article is based on a recent Deutsche Bank report. The report, which is available in its entirety at the link below, was authored by the same Stefan Schneider that's quoted in your article. The content of the actual report makes your claim of a crashing German economy look foolish at best. Frankly, between your paranoia with the EIA data and your willingness to reference sensationalized tabloid journalism that you can't accurately interpret, I see no point in you and I continuing.

Here is the report. You and your tribesmen can knock yourself out trying to validate your assertion of a crashing German economy. Good luck.

https://www.dbresearch.com/PROD/DBR_...re_looming.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            Yes sir.....but then we would have to listen to the whining 24/7 that alge fuel has not had a fair shot at success.

Why dont these libs just go out and buy their own personal little windmill for their house? Why do we have to buy a whole freakin farm load for them?
            They need to start putting their money where their mouth is.
            Buy your own wind,solar devices and sell the surplus back to me....i'll hold my breath
            The number of Americans who have installed rooftop solar and are selling surplus power back to the grid via net metering is somewhere around 1 million and rising. Unfortunately, Texas is one of the few remaining states that does not allow this.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
              The number of Americans who have installed rooftop solar and are selling surplus power back to the grid via net metering is somewhere around 1 million and rising. Unfortunately, Texas is one of the few remaining states that does not allow this.
              Did you say roof top solar and surplus in the same sentence? Hahahahaha! Now that's rich!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                Did you say roof top solar and surplus in the same sentence? Hahahahaha! Now that's rich!
                I believe he is quoting some of the sales brochures handed out by the solar guys that walk around the neighborhoods. I have a client who needed to up her insurance to cover all the panels they installed on her house. She spent 50k for solar install and foam in her attic. They told her she would save 150 a month on her electric bill and might even sell some surplus back to the grid.
                Sure felt bad for her

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  Yes sir.....but then we would have to listen to the whining 24/7 that alge fuel has not had a fair shot at success.

Why dont these libs just go out and buy their own personal little windmill for their house? Why do we have to buy a whole freakin farm load for them?
                  They need to start putting their money where their mouth is.
                  Buy your own wind,solar devices and sell the surplus back to me....i'll hold my breath

Yeah but see, that's not the way they do things. There will be no leading by example in this movement. They want to financially hamstring everyone else, all the while delusionally claiming moral superiority over us evil conservatives. These wormy libs don't want to burden themselves with such idiocy. They want to to nail this to the rest of us as a ego-boosting conquest and reap the rewards of it at the expense of others. Hypocrites. I'd bet good money, Varmint doesn't have any sort of "green energy" devices that HE has paid for.

Comment

Sure, the kinks haven't been worked out of all alternative energy sources, yet. It does amaze me that so many so called sportsman seem to oppose the thought of them, especially in a state that has terrible pollution and habitat loss issues.

It doesn't ALWAYS have to be political. You can be a conservative and realize by looking around that the current system just isn't going to work forever. Being a good steward of the land was beat into my head at a young age, so I may look at things different than most. I just wish people who loved the outdoors wouldn't draw a line in the sand on environmental issues because of partisan talking points.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                      Sure, the kinks haven't been worked out of all alternative energy sources, yet. It does amaze me that so many so called sportsman seem to oppose the thought of them, especially in a state that has terrible pollution and habitat loss issues.

It doesn't ALWAYS have to be political. You can be a conservative and realize by looking around that the current system just isn't going to work forever. Being a good steward of the land was beat into my head at a young age, so I may look at things different than most. I just wish people who loved the outdoors wouldn't draw a line in the sand on environmental issues because of partisan talking points.
                      When alternative energy is actually worse for the environment than current energy sources, you are not being good stewards of the land. Tell me again how batteries are good for the environment?

Comment

I am personally watching this unfold on my hunting property as I type. You would be absolutely APPALLED by the destruction and devastation to once beautiful habitat and ranch land. What I have witnessed is, THOUSANDS of mature live oak trees bull dozed, full two lane caliche roads snaked throughout the property, oil and hydraulic fluid trails all over the ranch from inattentive workers, half-assed fence repair/replacement, and over-kill, over-kill, over-kill.

The part that baffles me is the roads they build. Not only are the roads two full lanes wide and now have 12" of caliche where oak trees and native grasses once stood, but they clear SIXTY yards of both sides of the roads. They clear everything down to the dirt and spray it regularly to keep down the foliage. You're telling me, this is good for the environment? What pollution and habitat loss issues are you referring to and where?? I am unaware of any.

As for the subsidies, if it were worth a crap, it would sell, kinks and all. This is a wealth-building device for insiders. Do you know who worked out the kinks for my product??? THIS GUY! I can also argue that my product has helped far more people with its stated purpose than wind energy has. Now, for its true purpose, I cannot enrich D.C. fat cats. The margins are too thin without the subsidies. Facts of life.

Comment

I cringed when the land owner told us they were putting 18 of those wind turbines in our best pasture a few years ago. They started construction after hunting season and had all of them in before dove season. We dreaded going out to look at the damage. Boy were we surprised. They had hydro mulched and seeded every one of the pad sites and deer were already grazing the lush green grass oblivious to the noise the blades made. Not only that but we now had nice roads that we could drive 50mph on getting to the feeders. These big monster wind turbines have actually helped the hunting even thought they are unsightly.
                          Land owner got enough money to build new fences around all the property. All 100 sections and all new cross fences too.

Comment

Al Gore, one the loudest cheerleaders for clean energy uses more energy in one year for his personal house than the average Citizen does in 21 years. He has also made hundreds of millions of $$$ promoting "clean energy" and will continue to make money as long as the subsidies continue.

Comment

Green Energy

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                              I'm not sure I've seen a worse interpretation of an article. The UK tabloid article you linked contains no mention of an economy that's crashing. It expresses concern for a German economy that has outperformed in recent years, perhaps too much too fast. That obviously sensationalized article is based on a recent Deutsche Bank report. The report, which is available in its entirety at the link below, was authored by the same Stefan Schneider that's quoted in your article. The content of the actual report makes your claim of a crashing German economy look foolish at best. Frankly, between your paranoia with the EIA data and your willingness to reference sensationalized tabloid journalism that you can't accurately interpret, I see no point in you and I continuing.

Here is the report. You and your tribesmen can knock yourself out trying to validate your assertion of a crashing German economy. Good luck.

https://www.dbresearch.com/PROD/DBR_...re_looming.pdf

No. No, no, NO. The German pending crash was not the issue. That link was in response to you claiming that wind power was working great in Germany and then YOU got into a tangent about that. I posted one article to counter your love fest with the German economic situation. THAT was not the topic at hand, just a rebuttal. And you can stick your labeling of me and "my tribes men". This is a discussion between us, and trying to make it look like a personal thing against you is childish. The TOPIC was the cost for benifits of wind power. The STUDY I referred to was the one by the university of Texas, proving that wind power costs more that all other energy sources added together. Those figures are per actual KW generated by wind, solar, gas, and coal. If you would read it, you would see that wind cost MORE for every KW generated. That's the study I was referring to.
                              Last edited by Lostacresranch; 08-03-2017, 08:18 AM.

Comment

You can't lump all environmental issues under one umbrella and say "sportsmen" should not oppose one method because it's good for the environment. In the case of wind, we could invest those billions into upgraded grids that would be efficient and supply electricity safely for all of us. Pipelines that don't leak and replace those that do. Upgrading existing electrical plants to be cleaner for us all. Wind is a failure. It costs more to generate that any other method. The life span is 15-20 years, and replacing them is more expensive that putting them up. They use rare earth minerals that we can't even mine in the US because they are so toxic it's illegal, so we let the Chinese do it, but who cares about 1000 square miles of poisonous toxins as long as its only killing Chinese, right? Wind turbines have killed millions of birds, including endangered raptors. If you killed an eagle, what do you think would happen? A wind farm can kill hundreds, and you won't here a single outcry from "sportsmen". And as far as hunting, windfarms going up means hunting that area is going to be limited. Terrible pollution? Habitat loss? All factors of concern regarding wind farms.

Comment

Working...
                                X