No announcement yet.

Done With Grim Reaper Mechanicals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been using them for years, 1-3/8 razortip. They open every time, they appear not to open when you find the arrow they sometimes will slam back shut.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
      There are two color springs gold and silver, I just can’t remember which color is the correct one.

Gold is stiffer//silver is less stiff..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Gold is stiffer//silver is less stiff..

I’m turning silver but haven’t had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I like the jackhammer. For a front deploying Broadhead, I have really liked the nap shockwave. The nap trivex is the same style as the shockwave, just a larger cut. 20$ a three pack and sharp. Just another option

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
            I’ve been using them for years, 1-3/8 razortip. They open every time, they appear not to open when you find the arrow they sometimes will slam back shut.

Yes, very aware of all of that. You need to understand that I have killed double digit deer with the old GR. It is the Pro Series junk I have a problem with.

When I run a CarniFour through a buck, all the way through, and my arrow is on the ground 10 yards beyond impact, and there is hair imbedded in all 4 blades, and there is hair through the whole wound channel, and I cannot stick my index finger in either side. Bro, they didn’t open.

Game over.

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
              I’ve had probably more of them not open, than the ones that did.
              I’m done with them
              I’m shooting the SEVR broadheads now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m with this... I love the SEVR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Updating my thoughts on the Grim Reaper mechanicals. I just could not get past how difficult they are to open. No matter what. I shoot my targets and I just can't get them to open.

To heck with that. I killed a big south Texas doe with a Wasp Jackhammer and while I liked it, I just didn't love it. But one thing I did love is that when you rolled that Oring off the blades, the blades flopped open.

Hmmm.

Pulled out my last CarniFour. Popped the bottom cap off, and dropped (removed) the spring. Blades just flopped. Slid a Wasp Jackhammer Oring over the blades, and fit like it was made for it.

Shot it into the targets. Blades opened on impact. On impact.

So I shot a nice south Texas buck with it. Full pass through. Arrow went 15 yards past the deer. Opened up a gaping hole going in and coming out. Hit ribs on this side, and that side, and clipped the top of the heart and shredded both lungs.

Old dude ran 30 yards.

Y'all, if you want and amazing broadhead, combine the Wasp and the Grim Reaper. That CarniFour with an Oring is devastating.

Comment

Working...
                X