Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Vacation you have taken.... alone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    Mexico City for a week in 1998. Was there for work, two different projects, and the first got cancelled while in route. Rather than turn around and come back, I just stayed the Maria Isabella Sheraton for a week. I was single and spoke no spanish. It was a great time.
    Right next to the embassy! That’s where I always stayed for my DF trips. The Zona Rosa is a stone’s throw away. I covered Mexico for 20 years.

Comment

For years now I have tried to get in a solo hike of between 70 to 150 miles and a mountain hunt of a week or 2. The last 3 years my wife has wanted to go with me to the mountains. This means we stay in a trailer, never hit the trail before noon and only once got a mile from the trailhead. Oh well, I still have my fall mountain hunt top look forward too. Best solo hike - off-trail in the beartooths or sawtooths. I stll want to go to the Cascades (never been)

Comment

I've always wanted to make the trip up to and around Yellowstone on my harley (wife won't ride)...may have to load up and do it this year cause I'm not getting any younger!ha

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

I spent 6 mos working in Puerto Rico and traveled from there alone to St Kitts and Mt Nevis after Hurricane Hugo. Nevis was all but deserted except for a couple of innkeepers that I met with.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
            Used to go to the deer lease by myself. I know, not cool. But i worked shift work, so often my days off were in the middle of the week and I kinda enjoyed the peace and quiet. No drunken late night parties etc.of some of the lease partners, no others running around in the woods pressuring the animals.
            As for vacations, I would rather share them with someone I cared for and wanted to share the experience wirh.
            I worked weekend shift 4 years and took opening week off for vacation. No one at deer lease but me till following weekend. I really enjoyed it , but glad to see everyone show up the following Friday.

Comment

I was north of the Artic Circle for a few days once, I enjoyed it but the silence was a bit much

Comment

Mexico City is great if you stay in or around the Polanco district. Been to London, Hamburg, and Berlin solo and it was great. Also went to Seoul, Ulsan, and Busan Korea solo but I met up with work colleagues once I got there. It was a ton of fun. I’d go back to Korea tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                  Right next to the embassy! That’s where I always stayed for my DF trips. The Zona Rosa is a stone’s throw away. I covered Mexico for 20 years.

Yessir. Same place. Great bar and lots of “talent” for a single man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Colorado elk hunt, every year !
                    Best vacation ever. No spouse to mess it up. lol

Comment

Solo backpacked in Thailand for 15 day, and 2 days in Tokyo.

Best medicine I had ever taken.

Comment

Working...
                      X