Dang antler restrictions!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang antler restrictions!!!!

This is one that needs to be taken out. But he is saved by the law.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yep your not alone.

Comment

Meh, they've done alot more good than harm. Every once in awhile there is that exception that falls through the cracks, I will take that versus the neighbor shooting the first thing he sees with an antler and thats the way it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        Meh, they've done alot more good than harm. Every once in awhile there is that exception that falls through the cracks, I will take that versus the neighbor shooting the first thing he sees with an antler and thats the way it used to be.
        I do agree. But would love to have the GF OR kid shoot it.

Comment

Everybodys gotta play by the same rules, back in the day I would have killed to see a buck like that. You hunted all season just to get a glimpse at an antler, now I see bucks every sit, I like seeing bucks better than not seeing anything, even if I have to let them walk.

Comment

Looks like antler damage in the velvet stage.

Comment

I really like them for Mills county. Not perfect buy they are working.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                  Looks like antler damage in the velvet stage.
                  I agree with this...

did he look like that last year too?

I'd love to have the 13" minimum in refugio. Not real big on the spike deal, but something is better than nothing on these young deer that get whacked

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                    I really like them for Mills county. Not perfect buy they are working.
                    I feel the same. I remember when just seeing a deer was a major event. To see a buck that wasn't a yearling was cause for celebration. I agree that it also protects some bucks that should be taken, but not many. I've had a couple of those on camera, but never saw them in person, so even if it were legal, the opportunity was not there.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I'm not saying I don't like them. Cause I agree. They have helped us alot over the years. The quality of deer along with numbers is up.

Comment

Yes sir, the numbers are up, and we do see more bucks. I will completely agree with that. Just wish there was some grey area. Like a special permit for proof of age, be it jaw or pics or....
                        I will say I feel like we are almost working in reverse at times. Like shoot the best and leave the rest kind of deal.

Comment

This ^^^...Been there, and I will take AR's anyday over what it used to be like!

Sure there will be some narrow racked bucks that need to go, but if it gets bad enough contact TPWD and get your property under an MLD program, and it the property is too small then talk to the neighbors about applying together.
                          Last edited by Jimbo47; 11-18-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I'm sure they've done more good that harm. All I know is for the last 10 years at my place, every 12" buck that got a pass to grow up, never showed back up the next year. Every year I'm loaded with 11"-12" bucks that don't seem to make it to the magical 13". Where do these things go?

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                              I'm sure they've done more good that harm. All I know is for the last 10 years at my place, every 12" buck that got a pass to grow up, never showed back up the next year. Every year I'm loaded with 11"-12" bucks that don't seem to make it to the magical 13". Where do these things go?
                              My freezer. Just kidding. But someone's freezer

Comment

Working...
                              X