Government Canyon Jan 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government Canyon Jan 10th

My first drawn hunt is coming up next week (rifle). I am hunting Govt. Canyon and I have not been able to find any information on how the hunt has been in the past or is going this year (there were two other hunts before mine). Has anyone been on this hunt?

What are you hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Antlerless/spike and exotics.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I am here and the set up is good for bowhunting, to bad I had to bring my rifle. Feeder is 40 yards away

Comment

any luck?

Comment

Yea! Dropped a doe a few minutes ago. Wohooo

Comment

Alright! Congratulations! Post up a pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck yeah! Congrats

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Following

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

It being my first drawn hunt I did not know what to expect. I thought TPWD did a great job and were very helpful and understanding. First night, one group of hunters took javelinas which were on the do not take list. The hunt coordinator treated the incident very professionally and told the hunters that their hunt was over, and left it at that..no muss, no fuss.

The hunt coordinator and her assistant drove everyone out to our blinds (which were drawn by lottery) and the stands were box stands with a working feeder, that was more than I expected! You were to keep your blind the entire hunt, unless the group as a whole decided to swap blinds. Some blinds saw hogs and turkeys others saw bucks, and only a few saw does. The area is known as a low population for whitetail and while you are in the blind you are constantly reminded of the construction that is taking place all around the area....you constantly hear construction equipment backing up and buckets from the excavators making noise. That is a bit odd but also makes me very thankful that we do have a place like Govt Canyon so we can keep a bit of what was within the region and not have EVERYTHING turned into a subdivision.

I ended up taking two doe who were VERY wary...I had to get shots off quickly or I would have missed my opportunity. In the end it was a great hunt and I look forward to putting my name in the hopper for next year

Comment

Congrats on the harvest! TPWD does a great job conducting these hunts.

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Yay!

Comment

Just got settled in for archery deer hunt. Five hunters with assigned pop up blinds. Three deer with only one buck allowed. Baiting allowed. Two day hunt. Here's one of my views I corned.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X