Sons first bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sons first bow

I am set on getting my soon to be 5yr old a starter bow. He’s big for his age so I would like to get him one he can grow into to a point. Looked at the mission craze but don’t want to spend that much yet. Been looking at the Bear Scout kit but it’s draw is only 8-13lbs. Mainly that one cause it’s ambidextrous and I don’t know which way he will shoot. Anyone know about the Bear Flash recurve?

I would like one that actually shoots and isn’t a complete toy. If it won’t shoot far, like his little suction tipped bow, he will lose interest.

Look into a low poundage longbow. My kid started on a 25# and with his size he was probably pulling 15#. As he grew and got stronger bow got stronger. Good thing was we could both shoot same bow. Had great times with that bow

Comment

Try a Browning micro Midas. I've got one my kids use. I could possibly sell it cheap to fund a mission craze for them

Comment

I have a Barnett Vortex I am thinking about selling. I got it for my son a few years back and he has outgrown it. Only been shot a hand full of times. We did put a true glow sight on it, peep, and loop on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought my 4-1/2 yr old daughter a diamond atomic. It should be about right for now and should last her a good many years.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Look into a low poundage longbow. My kid started on a 25# and with his size he was probably pulling 15#. As he grew and got stronger bow got stronger. Good thing was we could both shoot same bow. Had great times with that bow
            The poundage is what is keeping me off of some. I don’t want to go to heavy and have him not like it. Same goes for the lighter weight 8-13lb pull bows. I don’t want it to be to light and not stick a target.

Comment

Diamond Atomic

Draw weight is adjustable between 6-29#
              Draw Length is adjustable between 12-24"

It should grow with them for a good number of years

Comment

The diamond infinite edge is what my two older kids have. It’s also highly adjustable but a much longer axle to axle than the atomic is. For a 5yr old I would say the atomic is perfect.

Comment

Working...
                X