Poison ivy/oak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poison ivy/oak

Anyone got any secret products they know about? I got a steroid shot in the ole buttocks and got hooked up on some daily steroids, but it’s still spreading and still itching like crazy... I’m using tecnu extreme shower scrub, but I need something I can take to work.. any tips and tricks I’m open too...

You’ve pretty much done all you can do. I honestly don’t know of anything else you could possibly do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Take a HOT shower as hot as you can until you can’t anymore then use Ajax dish soap and vigorously scrub affected areas once done air dry... I’m highly allergic and it’s the fastest acting quickest relief I’ve found! The Ajax soap has a degreaser in it that breaks down the oils that cause the irritation and spreading
      Last edited by drop dead fred; 04-17-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Hot shower is legit .

Comment

Get another shot. I’ve had to have two many times. Second one usually does the trick.

Comment

Belt sander

Comment

Hot shower is right. Like Drop Dead said, take it as hot as possible. I scrub the infected areas with Zanfel. Scrub hard and it will make a huge difference. Zanfel helps remove the rash within a couple showers for me. You can get it at CVS and Walgreens.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                Hot shower is right. Like Drop Dead said, take it as hot as possible. I scrub the infected areas with Zanfel. Scrub hard and it will make a huge difference. Zanfel helps remove the rash within a couple showers for me. You can get it at CVS and Walgreens.
                Zanfel is the bomb for poison ivy. I usually get near instant relief with it. Sometimes I have to apply it 2-3 times but it is great with stopping the itching.

Comment

I was told get bar soap like dove and rub it on and let it dry, supposedly takes the moisture out of it! I use to get it real bad and I had a prescribed cream that took it away in 2-3 days!

Comment

distilled white vinegar/baking soda mix rub/scrub affected areas between mentioned showers

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                      I was told get bar soap like dove and rub it on and let it dry, supposedly takes the moisture out of it! I use to get it real bad and I had a prescribed cream that took it away in 2-3 days!

I hate poison ivy and get it bad so I am always up for finding a new way to get
                      Over it quicker. I am curious though how does a “moisturizing bar” take the moisture out? If it works I am all for giving it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                        I hate poison ivy and get it bad so I am always up for finding a new way to get

Over it quicker. I am curious though how does a “moisturizing bar” take the moisture out? If it works I am all for giving it a try.

Maybe zest or Irish spring if that doesn’t work! Don’t know if it still moisturizes your skin if it’s dry lol

Comment

Man I hate this stuff, I need to start spraying my ranch, it's getting thick in areas. I just hate killing everything drowning near it like the dewberries and other browse plants

Comment

Calamine lotion

Comment

Run as hot of water as you can take over it for a few mins. Then dry it off and pour rubbing alcohol over it. It burns a little but it does stop the itch for hours to come.

Comment

Working...
                              X