My new 2019 Grim Reaper Micro Hybrids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
    These look good but I can't imagine anything nastier then the WT Special. I tried them two years ago and love em.

I've been wanting to try the 4 blade reaper for a while now, this could be another option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

They just came out with a few new 4 blade mechanicals this year. One being the biggest 4 blade to date.
    It’s basically a whitetail special but 4 blade....Called the Whitetail Extreme 2”x 1 1/2” cut.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1749.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	24584250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a great design, a bit of a knock off but great design

I've killed 5 with that same head since then

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
        I had already decided to try out some GR this year after watching Robby’s videos on youtube. I’m thinking I’m going to go with these over the Razortip I was originally going to go with!

Thanks for sharing, I had not even seen these!

Can’t go wrong with either. Yes...Robby has depleted half of the pig population in South Texas with ‘em. [emoji23][emoji23]

I’ll send you a text here in a bit.

Comment

My new 2019 Grim Reaper Micro Hybrids

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
          It's a great design, a bit of a knock off but great design

I've killed 5 with that same head since then

These Micros are a spin off of the old original Grim Reaper Hybrids from 2014 ish. Same broadhead just updated and a touch smaller.

I haven’t personally tried the Grave Diggers but I have heard a lot of good from them. A lot of people like ‘em. Ole Jeff has stacked up a lot of pigs with the Grave Digger. [emoji106]

Comment

Oh dang that's on my next order list. I'm shooting a high FOC arrow just for the WT Special, it should do well with this flying blade factory.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
              These look good but I can't imagine anything nastier then the WT Special. I tried them two years ago and love em.

I've been wanting to try the 4 blade reaper for a while now, this could be another option.

I was a big fan of the 1-3/8” razortips before these because I like the more compact blades for strength. I also have the 1.5” carni-4s which is a 4blade. That’s just my preference and I think they will be plenty nasty .

I do like the WTSpecials for turkey though. Big wide cut for small vitals really helps out.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bone Thug;14232847]These Micros are a spin off of the old original Grim Reaper Hybrids from 2014 ish. Same broadhead just updated and a touch smaller.

Yeah grave diggers came out late 2011.
                These new grims look great though

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                  Yeah grave diggers came out late 2011.
                  These new grims look great though
                  Yes, that is correct on the grave diggers. I knew they came out around that 2011 time frame.
                  I miss understood your original post. Lol

I thought you were thinking that Grim Reaper just now came out with a hybrid this year. I was eluding to the fact that this broadhead is basically the same hybrid that Grim Reaper came out with in 2014 just with a few minor changes is all.

For me, I think the over all Hybrid idea is pretty cool.

Comment

They definitely work well

Comment

I shot a sal with the original Hybrid and it did some damage. I had problem with them planing on me. Are these pretty consistent?

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
                        I shot a sal with the original Hybrid and it did some damage. I had problem with them planing on me. Are these pretty consistent?

Sounds like a bow tuning issue..

If I can shoot Black Hornets like darts with this wide fixed cut with a properly tuned bow, these hybrids ought to fly just as good if not better.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Sounds like a bow tuning issue..

If I can shoot Black Hornets like darts with this wide fixed cut with a properly tuned bow, these hybrids ought to fly just as good if not better.

Well that bow has been sold since then but no it wasn't a bow problem. The bow shot Shuttle Ts, Slick Tricks, and Black Hornets very well as long as I did my part. The Hybrids gave me issues which is why I sold them. I'm just curious to see how the smaller versions shoot because I did like the damage the bigger ones did on that pig.

Comment

I love grim reaper hybrids. I killed a sow with one a few years ago and it done the job and great blood trail. The originals flew great for me so I imagine these are even better.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
                              Yes...These fly and group really well.
                              Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                              I love grim reaper hybrids. I killed a sow with one a few years ago and it done the job and great blood trail. The originals flew great for me so I imagine these are even better.

Comment

Bringing this back up. Has anyone had any live target practice with these? Lol

I’ve been looking at these hard for the ‘19 season.

Comment

Working...
                                X