Letting one walk....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
    Deer in that part of country are hard to age, but probably would have let him walk if I wasn’t sure on his age.
    I find field aging to be pretty similar regardless of region. Not trying to start a tennis match.

Comment

If he is 4, he wont express his full potential till he is 7 or older.

That buck is a monster now! When you find his sheds, give us a total.

Comment

Man bud, that is an awesome deer. I missed this thread the first go around. I applaud you guys for letting him walk. I would have done the same. You better send me some pics next year when he's knocking on 180!

Comment

Heck of a buck! I sure hope he’s even bigger for y’all next year.

Comment

I hope you find his sheds!

Comment

Wow man what a buck! Definitely would be tough to give him a pass. I see a 4 yr old

Comment

Amazing buck for sure! Plz post pics to this thread once he starts back in velvet as I’d love to see him next year. You are a heck of a guy to let that guy walk....much respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Going to be a long offseason

Comment

Heck of a nice deer

Comment

An awesome buck. I hope it works out in you! Crazy what a little age can do for a place. Keep us updated on this one.

Comment

No way would I have passed him...

Comment

Good lord, that's a monster for Sabinal. Hope you get him next year. Good luck.

Comment

Good job on passing that deer as I got him at 4.5 also! Hopefully it works out for you!

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                              No way would I have passed him...
                              I've caught some grief by relatives about not shooting him. The best reactions have been from my nephews. The 10 year old kept saying "he is going to be a MONSTER" and this is from the kid that doesn't hunt much. His brother who is 16 keeps asking for new pictures and says I should have shot him.

Headed down the first weekend in February to check things out. Hopefully he has eaten that entire pile of cottonseed and is in good health

I have always heard that we had the potential to get some big guys. Although I still question rolling the dice (especially after the cotton seed pictures), we are moving our place in the right direction. And we will hopefully see more deer like him in the next several years

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                                I've caught some grief by relatives about not shooting him. The best reactions have been from my nephews. The 10 year old kept saying "he is going to be a MONSTER" and this is from the kid that doesn't hunt much. His brother who is 16 keeps asking for new pictures and says I should have shot him.

Headed down the first weekend in February to check things out. Hopefully he has eaten that entire pile of cottonseed and is in good health

I have always heard that we had the potential to get some big guys. Although I still question rolling the dice (especially after the cotton seed pictures), we are moving our place in the right direction. And we will hopefully see more deer like him in the next several years

Well you can’t kill monsters if you kill them when they are big right? Hopefully he is still around next year for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X