How To Mount A Shark Jaw??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Mount A Shark Jaw??

I recently had the oppurtunitt to mount a shark jaw and decided to document the process.

Hope y'all enjoy!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Looks good. The tiger shark I did last year started off white but would quickly turn back to a yellow. The cartilage just kept leaching out.

Comment

Looks good. I had a customer bring me one about a year ago. It turned out nice. I ended up soaking in 20% peroxide (not sally stuff) for a few days to get all of the yellowing out of it. Then I made a little deal like you did to keep it in position. I then got a big box and put my dehydrator in there with the jaw to tighten up the remaining cartilage that held it all together. Was a lot of work for a little shark haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
        Looks good. The tiger shark I did last year started off white but would quickly turn back to a yellow. The cartilage just kept leaching out.
        I'm worried about that but not sure what can be done to stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
          Looks good. I had a customer bring me one about a year ago. It turned out nice. I ended up soaking in 20% peroxide (not sally stuff) for a few days to get all of the yellowing out of it. Then I made a little deal like you did to keep it in position. I then got a big box and put my dehydrator in there with the jaw to tighten up the remaining cartilage that held it all together. Was a lot of work for a little shark haha.
          The dehydrator is a good idea!

Comment

Working...
          X