No announcement yet.

Chili Pequin Smoked Seasoning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filled up 16 oz pepper shaker. Hot stuff!
    Attached Files

Comment

What are you using to grind them? A molcajete?

Comment

Small blender with pulse. It has longer blades than a traditional blender. Took about 2 minutes. Do it outside and don’t inhale the powder. Last batch I did inside and wife started yelling and daughter got a hit of powder and started crying. I do it outside now!

Comment

I mis-read the caption and clicked on this thinking some smart-alek had posted a penguin recipe. I heard it tastes like spotted owl, but fishier.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter-1 View Post
            Small blender with pulse. It has longer blades than a traditional blender. Took about 2 minutes. Do it outside and don’t inhale the powder. Last batch I did inside and wife started yelling and daughter got a hit of powder and started crying. I do it outside now!
            LOL. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for posting, I’ve been deciding what to do with mine. I have 2 plants in my south flower bed, they are 3 years old and producing great. I only pick the red ones since I can’t get the green ones to come off without the stems. For those worried about transplanting, they seem to be super easy to do, I have lots of volunteers in the spring that I use. I’ll report back on how mine turned out.

Comment

Good deal. Pull the green with the stems. It stimulates their growth. If you take the green peppers and roll then upwards they will pull off without the stem. But, it doesn’t matter if they do. After your done try em in a pot of beans or chili. Also good to put in a batch of pickled eggs. Good hot Smokey flavor on anything. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                  Ha! I did this yesterday of a small plant of purple piquins I have in the back yard. Lit me up! Curiosity satisfied.

I have the purple chili pequin plants as well...those bastiges are hot but they are my favorite. I have ghost pepper, habanero, jalapeno, serrano, and the chili pequin's….
                  Love my peppers but the pequins and serrano's are my favorite

Comment

I use dry ones on my ceviche....

Comment

Working...
                    X