Best low risk investment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best low risk investment

What is the best low risk investment besides the land. I want to save my six months of income to have if everything went to crap. Wanting to know where I should put that

CD's are very low risk but only pay 2.4 to 3% depending on how many months or years they are.

Comment

If it something you need the ability to withdraw, money market. Otherwise if you have time yo properly liquidate/wait, either buy and hold bonds wih decent % from quality companies (debt wise), or CD ladder.

Comment

A money market fund but if everything really goes to crap the banks won't be open.

Comment

American Express high yield savings. Earn 1.75% and transfer out of it or more into anytime. Your not locked into 6 months or one year etc like a CD. Amex also increases their rate as interest rates go up and they do it quicker than many other high yield savings accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Find a mutual fund or funds with a good track record.

Comment

Following...

Comment

We have an online savings account with Marcus bank, a division of Goldman Sachs, that currently pays 1.8%. The funds can be withdrawn at anytime and no minimum balance. They also have a 12 month CD available that pays 2.45%.

Comment

Gold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Peer to peer lending.

I’ve made close to 8% return since I started 2 years ago almost

Comment

Hard assets! AKA Real Estate!

Comment

Paging @Burnadell

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                          Peer to peer lending.

I’ve made close to 8% return since I started 2 years ago almost
                          This peaked my interest...what site/app are you using?

Comment

My grandfather used to tell me “boy,if you want to double your money fold it in half in put it in your pocket,

Comment

Peer to peer lending is not low risk.
                              I keep my emergency fund in rewards checking accounts getting 3%. If you don't want to go that route online savings accounts are going to give you better rates than your brick-and-mortar Banks. Look at Ally.

Comment

Working...
                              X