Hunter shot my bed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter shot my bed!

So we had a little incident at camp. A guest hunter accidentally shot the side of my truck. Thank god no was hurt. I have never been in this situation. He tells me he will pay for the damages and make it right. He then text me asking me what my insurance deductible is and he would pay my deductible so my insurance can fix his f*!# up. Is this right? Should I go through his insurance? Will my premium go up if I go that route? I need your help GS!

He needs to go through his insurance.

Comment

Yeah, his insurance, not yours.

Comment

He shot it let him fix it

Comment

Call me a jerk, but it wouldn't be going on my insurance. No reason for that to happen other than carelessness.

Comment

Nope. He uses his insurance or gives you cash for the damages. I wouldn't use my insurance.

Comment

Tell him to check on his homeowners insurance for "damage to property of others".

Comment

His cash or his insurance.

Comment

Go through his insurance

Comment

Put it this way, you make a claim, you're going to get dinged. Your rates might not go up for 1 claim, but you've lost a lot of your cushion. That needs to fall on his shoulders, not yours.

Comment

Pictures!!

Comment

He needs to repair the truck. It was his mistake. If he pays cash, credit, loan or insurance, that’s up to him. You need your truck repaired and a loaner while it’s being repaired.

Comment

His mess up, his problem. No way it would go on my insurance.

Comment

His auto insurance is not going to cover anything. It will have to be his homeowners insurance IF it provides personal liability coverage away from the residence location. If not, then the fix comes out of his pocket. Your insurance should not be involved AT ALL.

Comment

I think we have a consensus. Now, what were the events that preceded the shooting?

Comment

Working...
                              X