Spring Black Bear Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Black Bear Hunt

Does anyone have a recommendation for a quality spring black bear hunt? I am not particular as to location; i.e. BC, Ontario, Alaska, Montana, etc. I have not looked into the tag situation in any of these locations yet, but I know that could be a factor.

I am mainly looking for a big, quality bear. An outfitter that is archery-only is a plus. Normally I would just go to the Dallas Safari Club show and pick one, but I thought I would ask here first. Thanks.

See below link. A group of us went in May and everyone was successful (9 bears taken by our group). Bow only, great accommodations, good food, awesome guides and Ron (the outfitter) is the BEST. It's not too hard to get to...it's about a 2.5 hour drive from Edmonton.

I'll insert a picture IF I can figure it out.

Comment

After some IT support from a fellow TBH’er...here’s a pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had good hunts with Adrenaline Outfitters in Manitoba. Been 3 times, shot a small bear that turned out to be a sow the first trip. Second time had a really good opportunity on a P&Y Chocolate bear. Screwed up the shot. Third time I didn't see anything big. Would love to go back at some point and will probably take my son with once he starts hunting with this compound. They have 2 hunting areas. I like the one on the western side province (more color phase bears), but I am not into fishing which they have in the other camp. This is a baited hunt. I would love to try spot and stalk sometime too........

Comment

Originally posted by 1-taylormade View Post

After some IT support from a fellow TBH’er...here’s a pic.

Holy smokes

Comment

Wizard Lake Outfitting - Alberta. 2 Bear province. Very remote, wall tent type hunt...can even do a spike camp if you want to be REALLY remote.
            Attached Files

Comment

Great thread I've been thinking about this hard over the last 6 months. Good luck OP.

Comment

willow creek outfitters, Alberta.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                  Holy smokes
                  He's an 8' footer.

Comment

La Pourvoirie des Bouleaux Blancs est un paradis pour la chasse et la pêche accessible à tous. Situé à Forestville (Québec), notre pourvoirie vous offre également plusieurs chalets à louer.

Lots of TBHs have gone and continue to go here for years. I've taken my entire family and many friends each year for the past 6 years. Many others on here have a longer streak than that.

Comment

What kind of total cost are looking at at total

Plane ticket
                      Guide
                      Tag
                      Shipping
                      Rug

Comment

These all look like quality operations. Taylor made, that bruin is a monster!

From my understanding, spring hunting is all over bait, no spot and stalk. Please correct me if I am wrong.

As far as the budget, I have beaucoup airline miles, so air fare from Houston is not a factor. As for the the other items, I am seeing a cost of about $3-4K for the outfitter. The tag and taxidermy cost is what it is. Let me know if I am off base on the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                          What kind of total cost are looking at at total

Plane ticket $400ish (roundtrip from DFW)
                          Guide Tipped mine $500
                          Tag $3,900 for two tags
                          Shipping Varies wildly...fees/taxes/bs fees/bs taxes figure $400
                          Rug $1,600 - $2,000 depending on size

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Redbeard31 View Post
                            These all look like quality operations. Taylor made, that bruin is a monster!

From my understanding, spring hunting is all over bait, no spot and stalk. Please correct me if I am wrong.

As far as the budget, I have beaucoup airline miles, so air fare from Houston is not a factor. As for the the other items, I am seeing a cost of about $3-4K for the outfitter. The tag and taxidermy cost is what it is. Let me know if I am off base on the cost.
                            You're correct...our Spring Bear Hunt was over bait and $3,900 for the outfitter and tags.

Comment

Working...
                            X