Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading

who else here likes to read?

I'm looking for some recommendations of a few good books, so what do you recommend green screen?

Do you like mystery thrillers, military action, fiction, sports, etc. let me know have to many and could send you some free of charge.

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
      Do you like mystery thrillers, military action, fiction, sports, etc. let me know have to many and could send you some free of charge.
      I don't discriminate

Comment

The Boy Kings of Texas

Comment

I just started reading Tribe by Sebastian Junger. I like it so far

Comment

Aztec, I forget the author's name. Very graphic description of the Aztec empire at the time of the Spanish invasion. The main character kind of reminds me of a Native Forrest Gump.

Comment

I share your passion for reading. Here is my recommended reading list.

Comment

I consume books in waves.

During the slow period it is maybe a book per week. When I'm reading a bunch, it's 3-4.

I read everything. Trashy fiction, history, tech manuals, and pretty much anything I can get my hands on.

Presently, reading a book about Capone, one on leadership, and another on Ben Hogan

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Like Gummi Bear I read a LOT.

If you haven't read Dirty Dealings it's a good murder mystery based on facts about the murder of Judge John Woods.

Comment

The Big Rich
                    Escape from Camp 14
                    Essentialism
                    A Bitter Brew

Comment

Working offshore, I read a heck of lot on my off-tour time, probably 10-15 books a hitch (28 days).

I'll recommend some of my favorites, by subject.

Sci-fi: The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, by Robert Heinlein; The Left Hand of Darkness, by Ursula Le Guin.
                      History: Literally anything by David McCullough, and Citizen Soldier by Stephen E. Ambrose.
                      Romance: uhhh, no.
                      Fantasy: Dark Tower series, by Stephen King
                      Government: The Spirit of the Laws by Montesquieu and the Discourses on Livy by Niccolo Machiavelli (though this might be more philosophy than Government)
                      Comedy: David Sedaris.
                      Philosophy: Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, and The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi.
                      Crazy/Weird: Anything by Chuck Palahniuk. The novels are strange as hell, but his writing makes it hard to put his books down.
                      Adventure: Alexandre Dumas; I mean seriously, the guy wrote the Three Musketeers and the Count of Monte Christo...
                      Psychology: Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
                      Hunting: Death in the Long Grass by Peter Hathaway Capstick (this book will make you either really want to hunt in Africa, or absolutely terrified to do so).
                      Last edited by sir shovelhands; 08-29-2017, 05:58 PM.

Comment

I first read "Son of the Morning Star" when it came out in the 90's. I recently pulled it off the shelf and re-read it. I have read probably a dozen books about Custer and the Little Big Horn - this one is the best by far, IMO. If you like old west history it is a must-read.

Comment

I enjoy good true crime books...especially books about the Italian Mafia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Under the cover of light

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X