Opening day all day sits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    I start off thinking that I will about 9 I start thinking about bacon and eggs by 10 I'm gone he needs to walk by on my schedule.

That's what I'm taking about! Heck I'm eating bacon by 9 not thinking about it![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sit as long as you feel comfortable

Comment

I’ll sit tell 11 get out, meet my dad eat then go back and get in the stand about 1-2 and head back to the truck once it gets dark.

Comment

Don't want to shoot out the first weekend. Then what?

Comment

30 minutes before sunrise to 11 - 11:30, break at camp then 2:00 until dark is my standard.

Comment

No way Jose. I'll be in S TX and it will be about having fun (driving senderos, beer drinking, doe patrol, watching/napping college football) as much as it is about hunting. I'll get more serious weekend 2 or 3; Didn't miss a weekend or burn out last year and don't plan on burning myself out this year either.
              Last edited by Patton; 09-20-2018, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Doubt it - too much work this year - will be barely ready. Hope to be out in the field but I'll be scrambling to get all my gear together. I can see myself getting out... then spending half the day after getting things organized.

Comment

My opening days isn't going to be till mid November! Got crappie to catch till then!!

Comment

Heck no. That's what scouting, planning, and game cameras are for. If you sit out there all day on opening day then you didn't do your homework.

Comment

Gonna sit till noon. Wife’s birthday is Saturday so we have a spa resort getaway. [emoji15]
                      I’ll sit Sunday evening and weekdays after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Heck no. That's what scouting, planning, and game cameras are for. If you sit out there all day on opening day then you didn't do your homework.

He did do it. It’s different animals at different times. No pattern, which could dictate an all day sit.

My place is the same way.

Comment

Only time I sit all day is during the rut

Comment

Opening day all day sits

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            He did do it. It’s different animals at different times. No pattern, which could dictate an all day sit.

This is true. One of my target bucks has over the last 3 weeks turned into and evening buck but a month ago he was an early morning visitor. Also over the last 3 weeks he’s been in at 0720/1000/1300/1500/1730 and so on. Along with a few other up and comers. But who’s to say what’s cruising through I don’t have on camera.

Here’s one from last season I set up on a random spot. This is the only shot of this buck I’ve ever gotten.

Comment

If my deer dont start showing up more consistent on camera Im not even going next weekend.. I dont remember the last opening weekend I went.. #huntsmarternotharder

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post

Maybe I misunderstood, are you hunting all day long waiting on a deer?
                                Well shoot one of them and bring it in. Eat something, and go back out. I've done that several times. Sitting all day ain't killing all day.

Right now I haven't seen a deer worth getting out of bed for.
                                Last edited by AntlerCollector; 09-22-2018, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X