No announcement yet.

Rut activity in Fort Bend county [emoji17]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And there it is...the annual Brazoria county rut thread in Sept. lol.

Must be something to it.

Comment

[ATTACH]924551[/ATTACH]

Comment

At lease the Brazoria County rut thread has to do with deer, beats some of the other topics I've seen on here the last few months. ...and yes, it is on in Brazoria county, a buck has been chasing around the house for two days now.

Comment

Tow weeks ago 2 of our bucks got caught up fighting one casualty

Comment

least

Comment

Never seen any fawns till first week or so in May and bucks not hard antlered yet so no breeding going on around here. Usually in mid October around here

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                Pecan bend north or south?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                North,

Comment

There are a lot of horny immature bucks out there chasing immature doe but that is not the rut.

Comment

I used to see buck starting to chase in late September to early October when I lived in Pearland. Rut unusually early in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      And there it is...the annual Brazoria county rut thread in Sept. lol.

Must be something to it.
                      Why is it so hard to believe?
                      It's been this way for years. No big deal really..
                      The data is out there to prove it..

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        there are a lot of horny immature bucks out there chasing immature doe but that is not the rut.
                        lol

Comment

Rut activity in Fort Bend county 😔

For the ones who seem to always want to call BS. Here's some info for you. Straight from TPWD..
                          And the time fluctuates here as it does anywhere else.. Now stuff it. [emoji6]

Gulf Coast Marshes and Prairies

The earliest whitetail breeding in the state occurred in this ecological region. Breeding occurred in the period August 24 to November 25. There were two study areas: the northern study area had a peak date of September 30, while the southern area was a month later with an October 31 peak breeding date. Does showed a 92 percent breeding success and 1.6 fetuses were found on the average for each doe sampled. The majority (90%) of the fawns would have been born by May 10 in the northern area and by June 6 in the southern area.
                          Breeding Chart

Last edited by PondPopper; 09-15-2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                            I remember that. I used to trail around in the woods north of the HS before it was built and I’d see deer every time. Had buddies that shot big deer out of rancho isabella every year.

There is a big live oak about 4 streets in on the west side of Rancho that I would set in and hunt with my open sight 30/30 back in the mid 70's when I was 10-12 years old.. It was one of the only trees they didn't doze down with they built that subdivision. It still stands.. My how time has change things..
                            There has always been a lot of deer in that area..

Comment

Shot an 8 point opening morning that was in full rut, last real rutting behavior of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                                Shot an 8 point opening morning that was in full rut, last real rutting behavior of the season.

According to some that was just your imagination...

Comment

Working...
                                X