No announcement yet.

Browning camera bit the dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are not using external battery port.
    Pop open port and put a dab of silicone, sealing port. For cams that don't have issues yet.
    This seems to be a weak spot in the design.
    No Ants yet in my browning cams. They are mounted on Apple trees. Ants are busy else where. But I am, after reading this, gonna dab may cams with silicone or some other sealant. Maybe even nylon reinforced shipping tape over port. Thinking scent.
    Last edited by Tony Pic; 09-24-2018, 06:35 AM.

Comment

My favorite even though one of my Strike Force cams crapped out.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        I didn't have the receipt.
        Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
        You don't have to have a receipt. Just contact them, and send it in for service. They'll most likely tell you they don't have the parts to fix it because of its age, and then offer you their 'out of warranty' discounts on a new camera. Those prices are better than any sale prices you'll find on them. I just went through this this summer (coincidentally with a 4yo camera that had also gotten crazy ants in it).
        Well I guess I will try it

Comment

You don't have to have a receipt. Just contact them, and send it in for service. They'll most likely tell you they don't have the parts to fix it because of its age, and then offer you their 'out of warranty' discounts on a new camera. Those prices are better than any sale prices you'll find on them. I just went through this this summer (coincidentally with a 4yo camera that had also gotten crazy ants in it).

I did this with one of mine. And they will sell you more than one if you want to buy more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            Well I guess I will try it
            Good luck! All they can say is no. I get told no all the time!

Comment

Forgot about the camera, walked out in the garage this morning to go to the truck and caught a red glow. Turned around and walked back a little and the IR array was lit up.

I thought I turned it off but maybe it is just the display is out and the camera still works.

Going to investigate when I get home this afternoon

Comment

Update

Camera was sporadically working in the garage

Kept forgetting about it, finally remembered to email Browning, explained what I thought was wrong, that I did not have receipt and that I was unsure how long I had owned camera but it was well past a year (warranty period) and simply asked if there was anything I could do to possibly revive it.
                Got a simple email saying to fill out this form and mail it back with camera.
                So I sent it off last week thinking I might get a discount offer on a new one. Forgot about it and had to mail something yesterday and lady at post office asked if I had any luck with camera. Laughed and told her I had already forgotten about it.
                Got home this afternoon and as I pulled in drive the FedEx guy pulled up. I wondered what he had.
                Turns out it was a package from Browning, had a note that the camera I sent was found to have a defect and they had sent me another one to replace it
                And, it has a one year warranty on it

Browning cameras have been great and the customer service gets top marks from me

Thanks Browning

Comment

Update

Camera was sporadically working in the garage

Kept forgetting about it, finally remembered to email Browning, explained what I thought was wrong, that I did not have receipt and that I was unsure how long I had owned camera but it was well past a year (warranty period) and simply asked if there was anything I could do to possibly revive it.
                  Got a simple email saying to fill out this form and mail it back with camera.
                  So I sent it off last week thinking I might get a discount offer on a new one. Forgot about it and had to mail something yesterday and lady at post office asked if I had any luck with camera. Laughed and told her I had already forgotten about it.
                  Got home this afternoon and as I pulled in drive the FedEx guy pulled up. I wondered what he had.
                  Turns out it was a package from Browning, had a note that the camera I sent was found to have a defect and they had sent me another one to replace it
                  And, it has a one year warranty on it

Browning cameras have been great and the customer service gets top marks from me

Thanks Browning
                  Good deal! You’re welcome.

Comment

Good info Bryan, I have 2 of their cameras

Comment

Excellent customer service!!

I bought an original model BTC-5 strike force refurb for $48 on eBay and it never worked right from the get go.
                      I sent it in and they sent me the newest version strike force within a week or so for free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bought one used on here about three years ago and it's still working well, but I like the pics from the Bushnells I have better. One thing I've noticed though, the Bushnells don't catch everything. I've proven this to myself several times because I've been in the stand thinking I'll have some pics of this buck or that, and when I run the cards......he ain't there. The Browning has never missed a pic that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          Good deal! You’re welcome.
                          Thanks

Comment

Thanks
                            And, you're welcome from me, too!

Glad that worked out for you.

Comment

Ants are crazy like that and will cause all kinds of problems inside electronic equipment... Sounds like browning did you right.

Comment

And, you're welcome from me, too!

Glad that worked out for you.
                                Thanks to you too

Comment

Working...
                                X