New York airport/driving question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New York airport/driving question

This summer we are going to Cooperstown NY for a baseball tourney. There are only connecting flights to Albany and Syracuse and we are spending the weekend after in NYC, so I think we'll just fly to NYC, rent a car, and drive up.

The question is, which airport would be easier to drive in/out of to Coopertown? EWR or LGA?

If possible not LGA! Dump and lots of delays!

Comment

I used to fly in and out of all three major airports up there all the time. EWR is the way to go. It's actually Newark.

Comment

Originally posted by covedogs View Post
        I used to fly in and out of all three major airports up there all the time. EWR is the way to go. It's actually Newark.
        This, LGA is trash

Comment

Originally posted by covedogs View Post
          Me too and agree with this! Both LGA and JFK are a genuine PITA if you're driving... on a limo or taxi, not a big deal... You'll encounter the worst and most rude drivers on the planet so have you a fresh supply of patience with you at all times... Once you get away from the city and Jersey shore, you'll be fine... IF you survive to get away...

Comment

EWR for sure
            Avoid LGA

Check out West Point Military Academy on your way upstate

Beautiful country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Me too and agree with this! Both LGA and JFK are a genuine PITA if you're driving... on a limo or taxi, not a big deal... You'll encounter the worst and most rude drivers on the planet so have you a fresh supply of patience with you at all times... Once you get away from the city and Jersey shore, you'll be fine... IF you survive to get away...
              I was thinking Newark would be easier to "get away from the crazy" quicker than from LaGuardia. Just wanted to get some input. Thanks.

Comment

Just called a buddy in ATC up there he was in the break room when I called. He and three others said Newark. He said something about construction around LGA.

Comment

Went to Cooperstown when I was 12, definitely an awesome experience, wish I could go back and do it again, one of my favorite memories from select ball!

Comment

Laguardia was a pain when I flew in a few years ago however we got a taxi from the airport so it was a little less stressful at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                      Went to Cooperstown when I was 12, definitely an awesome experience, wish I could go back and do it again, one of my favorite memories from select ball!

Also, have you son take a fan, it gets hot hot in those bunk houses with no ac!

Comment

Originally posted by Texifornia View Post
                        Just called a buddy in ATC up there he was in the break room when I called. He and three others said Newark. He said something about construction around LGA.
                        Nice! Insider TBH info.

It should be fun! The wife and I rented a house on a lake.

Also, have you son take a fan, it gets hot hot in those bunk houses with no ac!

We are actually at All-Star Village, not Dreams Park, and they have A/C in the dorms.

Comment

Newark by a long way

Comment

Yes, a lot of construction at and around LaGuardia. The Port Authority is spending some money. It is undergoing a big face life and update. Newark puts you in New Jersey, not New York. Be ready for second mortgage to pay tolls just to get out of NJ.
                            Bring your Thermacell. Bugs will be in full swing. Upstate NY is beautiful, its the city folk who ruin it for the whole state.
                            How about considering a flight right into Albany, driving from there instead of going anywhere near the city?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                              Nice! Insider TBH info.

It should be fun! The wife and I rented a house on a lake.

We are actually at All-Star Village, not Dreams Park, and they have A/C in the dorms.

The parents of our team rented a house on the lake and we all got to go out there and hang out one day to get a break from the park! And dang I didn’t know they added more! Oh and don’t forget to pack a bunch of a and d ointment, the boys will chafe very bad, and that stuff flat out works!

Comment

Working...
                              X