No announcement yet.

?????Keith Johns Outdoors??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never posted a clip before but I'll give this a try. This is the shot on the ram from a week ago. I apologize as my camera man (LOL) didn't zoom in close enough to seen the arrow hit.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Great video. Hope to do that myself in five days!

Were there still some good rams left?!

Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1979 View Post
        Great video. Hope to do that myself in five days!

Were there still some good rams left?!

Congrats.

You bet there were. I saw two very nice TX Dalls, a nice Black, and also several nice corsicans, and a painted desert.

Good luck, I hope you stick a good un!

Comment

Thanks for the update. I can't wait.
          Glad to hear you did so well on your trip!!!

Comment

I am really interested in KJO. I have seen nothing but good things on here about his place. I am interested in Black Buck and TX Dall. We usually go to the Bar E, and the Zimmermans have always treated us great, but no reason to put all my eggs in one basket. How booked up is he.

Comment

Great video and congrats. 4 days and counting. Can't wait and I'll be finished packing today.

Comment

Originally posted by burleytx View Post
                I am really interested in KJO. I have seen nothing but good things on here about his place. I am interested in Black Buck and TX Dall. We usually go to the Bar E, and the Zimmermans have always treated us great, but no reason to put all my eggs in one basket. How booked up is he.

I think he's got a pretty full tab for the next couple of months, at least on the 2 day weekend hunts. During the week might be a different story. Keith and his son Wade are quality people and he'll be able to forget his website in a short while because he'll have more repeat customers, and word of mouth advertisement then he can stand! Keith's just a 'good old boy' and it doesn't take long to realize that when you meet him. I'd suggest you give him a call and spend a couple minutes asking him the questions you want answered and I believe you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

Comment

Heading to KJO this weekend. Wondering if anyone who had been there recently could tell me which blinds you would recommend sitting in??

Thanks.

Comment

If your looking for a good ram, you can hunt just about anywhere. Trust me, the sheep will find the corn. They make their rounds.

Comment

Any news on how they did during the rain?

Comment

If you are talking about a couple of weeks ago. They killed 4 rams, a blackbuck, and 9 hogs. I think.

Comment

How about the axis...any good tips on where they're moving?

The rams moved like that the last time I was there, good to know they're still doing that.

Thanks

Originally posted by backwoodsbwhntr View Post
                          If your looking for a good ram, you can hunt just about anywhere. Trust me, the sheep will find the corn. They make their rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
                            If you are talking about a couple of weeks ago. They killed 4 rams, a blackbuck, and 9 hogs. I think.
                            If out other guy hadn't of backed out........not mentioning any names of course.........we'd have had at least one more animal on our bag list. That is of course if he can shoot live animals as well as he can targets with his new 82nd Airborn!

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1979 View Post
                              How about the axis...any good tips on where they're moving?

The rams moved like that the last time I was there, good to know they're still doing that.

Thanks

The only guy in our group that didn't take a ram or an exotic passed on two Axis bucks the last morning as he has taken many on a lease that he runs in Leakey. He said that one was pushing 30" and the other was over and probably around 32". He saw these two from a tree stand that is kind of in the middle of the place that has a dry creek running by it. HUNT THERE!

Comment

If it's the treestand I'm thinking of, I think that's the one I shot 2 hogs out of last year! It's not the one in the corner of the field...right? It's down one of the lanes off the field...I think.
                                Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                                X