new twist on exotics in an area...Retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new twist on exotics in an area...Retirement

Wife & I are looking for 5-15 acres to retire on in about 10 years or so +- 2 or3

I would like to get about 10 acres round hunt/kerrville/ centerpoint or comfort.

Main goal is Quiteness Plus trees and the view of Axis deer in the area.

Suggestions from the folks in the know/area??

ps. I am open to other areas as long as they have axis

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
    Wife & I are looking for 5-15 acres to retire on in about 10 years or so +- 2 or3

I would like to get about 10 acres round hunt/kerrville/ centerpoint or comfort.

Main goal is Quiteness Plus trees and the view of Axis deer in the area.

Suggestions from the folks in the know/area??

ps. I am open to other areas as long as they have axis
    If quite is your object skip looking around boerne and sisterdale , the dang motorcycles drive me crazy and also mucho suburban growth " I hate hearing nail guns when sitting in my stand "

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Definitely growing around Boerne. You should look around Welfare. Lots of secluded backroads out around Joshua Creek ranch. We are covered up in axis in this area. I live on 7 acres just east of Boerne. 25 axis at my feeder every day.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
          Definitely growing around Boerne. You should look around Welfare. Lots of secluded backroads out around Joshua Creek ranch. We are covered up in axis in this area. I live on 7 acres just east of Boerne. 25 axis at my feeder every day.
          How long do you think it would take you to get to the medical area of San Antonio in the mornings?

I may have asked you this before...but can't remember.

Comment

You will need a lot more acreage than that for quiteness.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
              Welfare is a great place. If I could find property at a decent price I'd be all over it. Hunted there for years and there's a ton of Axis.

Comment

Those size ranchettes everywhere around Fredericksburg...............counted 27 AXIS on our oat field while bowhunting last week.

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
                  How long do you think it would take you to get to the medical area of San Antonio in the mornings?

from welfare to the medical center with no traffic is an easy 30 minute drive. During rush hour you are well over an hour most likely

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post

My office is in the medical center off Fredericksburg rd. I drive it every day.
                    It takes me 30 minutes in the summer when school is out and 40-45 minutes on school days. Most of the construction on I10 should be finished in the next year. That will help. Most of the problem is between Leon Springs and 1604.

Comment

The wife and I are also looking to relocate possibly next year from Houston area closer to my property in S Tx. Have my eye on the area W of Boerne, Pipe Creek, Center Point, etc. Looking for 20-40 acs. Got to be somewhat close to metropolitan area and on high ground, no flooding, lol.

Comment

thanx for the ideas folks.

STX - will be in contact with ya.

Comment

That area of Texas is getting very residential- 10 years from now will be rooftops- If you are looking for peace and quiet and can't buy a large parcel of land Id retire
                          In
                          The Ozarks

Comment

Working...
                          X