Stand and fill feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand and fill feeders

I've been thinking about changing over to stand and fill feeders. We've used crank up feeders for the last 20 yrs. This past year we had a couple of failures with some close calls. Anyone have some input on these. Pro`s and Con's. Thanks

I like my 600 lb All Seasons.
    Easy to fill for sure.
    A little corn is straight underneath, but overall works well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Roads View Post
      I've been thinking about changing over to stand and fill feeders. We've used crank up feeders for the last 20 yrs. This past year we had a couple of failures with some close calls. Anyone have some input on these. Pro`s and Con's. Thanks
      Pros -Everything
      Cons -None

Comment

Academy’s has their 200lb stand and fill feeders on sale for $79.99 each - normally $159.99 each. You’ll need to add a battery and solar panel, but at that price I think it’s worth a chance.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

I have an HB stand and fill. They have an angled plate underneath so there is no corn directly under the feeder. The only drawback I can think of is you can't shoot at something on the other side of the feeder. With a little patience that usually takes care of itself. I am personally sold on stand and fills.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
            I have an HB stand and fill. They have an angled plate underneath so there is no corn directly under the feeder. The only drawback I can think of is you can't shoot at something on the other side of the feeder. With a little patience that usually takes care of itself. I am personally sold on stand and fills.

You can move to the Krivoman Directional Stand and Fill feeders to fix that issue.

I have found my deer are much more comfortable around a stand and fill feeder than a barrel hanging in the air.

Comment

The only con that I can think of is if you hunt somewhere that it floods.

Comment

Originally posted by WTucker View Post
                The only con that I can think of is if you hunt somewhere that it floods.
                Yep.
                Cant do stand and fill on my place. One year I lost 3 timers that got flooded and those were winch up ones. Oh, about 6ft off the ground!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
                  I like my 600 lb All Seasons.
                  Easy to fill for sure.
                  X2.

Comment

I have two all seasons and one game winner. All 600lb. Best way to go.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I own two Lamco low and throw feeders. They are the best I've seen. You can fill them while standing on the ground. They are coon proof. They use "The Timer". Set it and forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by twohunter View Post
                        i like my 600 lb all seasons.
                        Easy to fill for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          I own two Lamco low and throw feeders. They are the best I've seen. You can fill them while standing on the ground. They are coon proof. They use "The Timer". Set it and forget it.
                          This! I have these, the capsule, All season & HB. The lamco's are what I will buy from now on. For the record, they have all been trouble free & no issues. Just like the height & the way the spinner is set up on the Lamco.

Comment

One I'm seriously considering. I've hunted over these and they do better job of slinging the corn vs. the AS.

Comment

Go with one of the types that don't have the cages. There are a couple brands that have different plates/shields that avoid having corn hitting a cage and dropping under the feeder.

Comment

Working...
                              X