Hog Panels / Barb Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Panels / Barb Wire

I have pigs and cattle on my lease and want to keep them both out of my feeder. Do I need to run a single stretch of barb wire above my 34" hog panels?

i have 1 strand above my roll fencing. no cow coming in on my stuff definatley do it.

Comment

I just have panels and have never got a picture of a cow in my pen. I think as long as you make your pen big enough that the feeder doesn’t throw feed outside the pen the cows will not try to get in. I use 10 panels to build each of my pens.

Comment

Yes. I did have some cows getting in my square pens. Now I put 8-10 panels and a single strand of barb wire along the top of that. Kind of have to wire the barb wire to the top of the panel due to rounded shape.

No trouble now for years

Comment

We have circular pens and no barb wire. Haven't had a cow or a hog in there. If anything, the barb wire is just a pain in the.... when you are trying to get into the pen yourself.

Comment

not necessary but never a bad idea, it only takes once and they have it figured out

Comment

I'm goin to do 11 panels. Just to be odd! That should give me a 55' diameter. If the feeder is in the middle and can throw a 25' there should still be plenty of error room. I think I'll run the barb wire and hold it up in between the post with those barb wire stays. That should help with the round shape. Thanks guys!

Setting up on the 1st. I'll post pics once it's complete.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                We have circular pens and no barb wire. Haven't had a cow or a hog in there. If anything, the barb wire is just a pain in the.... when you are trying to get into the pen yourself.
                This.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                  I just have panels and have never got a picture of a cow in my pen. I think as long as you make your pen big enough that the feeder doesn’t throw feed outside the pen the cows will not try to get in. I use 10 panels to build each of my pens.
                  This exactly!

Comment

Our landowner has some cows that we can't keep out of our pens with hog panels AND barbed wire. They still get in and destroy our feeders.

Comment

try electric

Comment

I've only got the panels and it works for me

Comment

Working...
                        X