SW of Dallas to NE of Laredo.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SW of Dallas to NE of Laredo.....

....a lot of gas, plenty of miles, few good friends, one new one, no axis, 11,762 game cam pics, more rain than I can use, and a Mini Oreo. Pics to follow.

Our place southwest of Dallas is LUSH. We've had a lot of rain and the weeds and sunflowers are TALL. There's areas where I had to drive where I just had to guess where the road was. The deer are fat ans sassy. Fawns are showing up everywhere and the horns are growing. Protein use last month was heavy. I put out 33 sacks of protein in my boss bucks and 38 sacks of corn. Dodged a bullet while carrying 22 sacks of Big Rack in my truck when I hit a thunderstorm that DRENCHED me for about a mile. Ever try to fill a Boss Buck with wet sacks? Interesting. I spent 3 days filling feeders, reworking ground blinds, killing spiders and hog hunting. The dang hogs didn't show.

Here's my Road Feeder blind, ready to go, and my new feeder position. I had to move it again because over time, water holds under the feeder from excessive use. This is the third time in 8 years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sheds6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	24728562

Name:	sheds3.jpg
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	23835794

Name:	sheds7.jpg
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	23835795

cabs.JPG

cab upright.JPG

mdf cab.JPG

Next blind was Mailman's Valhalla Palace. I didn't put mesh on the roof for him, but I will later. I did shovel the interior to level it out and put a better carpet door on the back to keep the cows out. Trimmed a few limbs, put up another camera, and he's ready to go. I spoil that boy too much.

Name:	RobinHood1_04082008 (Small).JPG
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	24728566

Name:	RobinHoood2_04082008 (Small).JPG
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	24728567

Name:	410 Snakecharmerweb.jpg
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	24728568

A few deer show promise. Pics to come.

pics to come.. well come on

Comment

LOL. I'm about sick of going through card after card of pic after pic. LOL Never thought I'd say that.

Comment

turkey poults are showing up. Saw quite a few on the different cameras

darted deer pics, hensel. jeep pics 076 (Small).jpg

Fawns are showing up at the feeders now.

darted deer pics, hensel. jeep pics 073 (Small).jpg

darted deer pics, hensel. jeep pics 075 (Small).jpg

darted deer pics, hensel. jeep pics 077 (Small).jpg

You think this doe is a good mama? Look at the size of that udder.

darted deer pics, hensel. jeep pics 081 (Small).jpg

I know. We want horn pictures. Well, I'm still resizing.

Here's one 8 that should be easy to ID as he gets older. The notch in the ear will be something that never goes away.

darted deer pics, hensel. jeep pics 083 (Small).jpg

I've got to go back to my pics from last year and see if I can find him.

Comment

looking good, can't wait for more. this darn drought has got your pasture alittle bare!!!!!!

if you hunt the ground you aren't going to see any deer coming until they are under the feeder, at least at that one feeder

Comment

I'm opening up a new beer getting ready for the show Doc so whenever you are ready to start posting more pictures I'm waiting!!!

Comment

OK, I'm going to bed, but here's one that's looking good so far. Has a month to go, too.

He's not SW of Dallas, though.

Name:	medley%2Cbuck.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	23835803

Comment

You big tease! We have to wait until tomorrow to see more? That just ain't right Doc! That is a beautiful deer btw..

Comment

Looking really good Doc!

Comment

I've been pondering who this buck was. Thought I had seen him but it wouldn't come to me. Did we let a buck go too long and he just went down quickly? Was he a good one that we never saw because this is a new feeder location?

Name:	cws2.JPG
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	23835812

Name:	cws5.JPG
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	23835813

Name:	cws6.JPG
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	23835814

Name:	cws7.JPG
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	23835815

Last night while watching TV in bed, it came to me. I had seen that extra point between the 2 and 3. It was a buck that Mailman and Dog have let live for two years. Mailman shot at him last year and missed. As a matter of fact, looking at the video, he missed the entire video frame. This buck will die this year. He doesn't know it yet but he's eating Bower's protein. Bower will make him pay.

This is him last year. He was older than dirt here.

Name:	cws13.JPG
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	23835816

Name:	T.gif
Size:	750 Bytes
ID:	23835817

Name:	B.gif
Size:	718 Bytes
ID:	23835818

Name:	H.gif
Size:	654 Bytes
ID:	23835819

My little brother got this buck's pics at a new protein feeder that he set up a couple months ago. The WD2 took almost 1000 pics here.

Comment

Good show doc......keep'em coming....

Comment

good pic doc

Comment

Of the 1200 pics at my Road Feeder there wasn't anything to get excited about. This first pic almost made me lose my breakfast. I HATE cows.

Name:	Ricebaseball3.jpg
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	23835820

This buck hurt its leg in a fence last year. He was a yearling and had a very nice rack for a yearling. We figured we could feed him and see what he does. Not much to eat in that ham anyway. He's "freaked" on the opposite side. he'll probably get another year. Maybe he'll turn into some kind of wierd, character buck. He's on protein so we'll watch him.

Name:	RiceCWS.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	23835821

This is one little, bitty fawn. He could live in those sunflowers and never be seen.

Name:	truck.jpg
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	23835822

Here's about as good as I saw in this bunch of pics. This is a nice, young ten. 2 1/2 max. He'll bare watching.

Name:	1978_ford_pinto_squirred_001.jpg
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	23835825

Mailman shot this doe his first year with us. That's about 7 years ago. She's had triplets every year with 2 buttons. I've had opportunity to kill her many times, but I always wanted him to finish what he started. If she has triplets again, she'll get a pass from me. If she shows signs of dropping off, then I'll finish it for him. We've called her Notch Back for obvious reasons. She almost got under the Muzzy.

Name:	ScreenShot004.jpg
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	23835824

This buck has long 2's. Young. We'll watch him.

Name:	prov.jpg
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	23835823

Comment

Nothing much on my River cam either. Young bucks and lots of does and coons and my 3 pigs. I'm looking for DK10, but I think he batchelors elsewhere and shows up in November. I hope he survived the post season. I have pics of him in early March, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'm after him this year.

Here's my 3 little pigs. We've killed 2 of the 5. Hope to get the last three this year. I hunted them a couple times this past week, but they weren't coming in until about 10. they'll make a mistake like the black and white spotted one did last year and I'll end their corn and protein eating ways with a First Cut 3 blade mech.

I wish that pig would take a giant poop and drown that dang coon in pig poop.

This is about the best of the young bucks here.

Comment

Nice pics. That is one sweet ground blind setup you have there amigo.

Comment

Working...
                              X