Trumps Budget proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
    Between activist judges and an activist congress I am getting pretty bummed out. We want to play by the rules they dont. We probably wont get much done playing by the rules and then when they get back in power they will abuse their power again and ram everything they want down our throats.

Have you ever considered the courts are correct & your side is overreaching? I mean when it comes to same-sex marriage, abortion and voter ID laws the courts are killing you all. Texas is continually getting beat in federal court.

And furthermore a lot of these so called activist judges were appointed by Republicans

We have all heard repubs speak about Scotus as 9 appointed lawyers, unless they're in power.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      You are a minority my friend. The majority of people drawing from SS and Medicare draw way more than they ever put in, if they put anything in at all.

I'll bet that would **** my parents off if I told them what you said.

A butt load of hard-working people have paid into SS.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
        If this budget passes. I'm out of a job. Kinda hard to feel good about that.

-------------------------------
        Violence never settles anything
        -Genghis Kahn

Did you vote for trump ? [emoji33]

Comment

What is crazy to me is the SS is always on the way to being out of money, yet it is its own seperate tax.. why are welfare programs never on the verge of going broke? The fact is that the money for the welfare programs is not managed corectlyv, i have seen a lady with a food stamp card that had a remaining balance of 3500.00 dollars get into a mercedes... really? Also seen illegals that get 55k plus a year from the governent, all while working a full time job that they more than likely used a fake work visa to get, oh and they drive brand new trucks. This crap drivea me crazy. And im a veteran with a degree that makes 49k a year...cazy..dont get me wrong, im blessed to have what i have, but the appropriation of our money is out of control. Need to cut all non citizens from getting ANY government money and drug test every citizen that is on any program.

As for raising the budget of the DoD, I am for it to a certain point. As long as it is used to better equip our military I am for it. I wasn't always for it, but then I joined the Navy and got daily intel briefs on China.. If we ever go to war with China, our 7th fleet, which is one of our most battle ready fleets and one of the larger fleets, is expected to last 24 hours.... crazy.... And this is only if we know we are going to war, if they decided to do an attack out of the blue, we are toast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

SS is a dang Ponzi scheme IMO.

Comment

I am a fan of fiscal responsibility, but I'm not a fan of gutting some of the programs he proposes to cut. I also don't think he needs to just carelessly throw money at the military. The military needs more money, but there are areas in the military where there is also waste.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
                I am a fan of fiscal responsibility, but I'm not a fan of gutting some of the programs he proposes to cut. I also don't think he needs to just carelessly throw money at the military. The military needs more money, but there are areas in the military where there is also waste.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
                Your right, there is certainly waste in the military budget. And maybe they can figure out what fiscal responsibility is so we can fugure iut just how much they need and it what areas.
                That said our government has 10 different entities doing the exact same and its getting worse.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  Your right, there is certainly waste in the military budget. And maybe they can figure out what fiscal responsibility is so we can fugure iut just how much they need and it what areas.
                  That said our government has 10 different entities doing the exact same and its getting worse.
                  Truth! I think all the talk of streamlining during the primaries and run up to the election was hyperbole. Too many jobs at stake and it would look horrible to shut down various departments...........heck, Rick Perry is over one of the departments he said he would SHUT DOWN!!!! Geez, lets start right there as it surely is NOT needed per our governor. Bring out the axes and lets get things balanced folks...................it truly matters to our sovereignty as a nation!

Comment

Working...
                  X