No announcement yet.

Another black panther thread. With video this time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys I did a triangulation on the distance of the cat against the height of the cars ......and if my numbers are correct this cat is like 20ft long and 6ft tall. This is no ordinary house cat!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks and acts just like a big old house cat to me.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

this cat is like 20ft long and 6ft tall.
        Well if your numbers are correct; I wouldn't want any part of it even if it was yellow, tan, green or red.

Comment

house cat

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Meeeeow!! Depth perception folks....use it!
            ^^^^^^^^

Comment

Looks awful comfortable near civilization in daylight to be a wild cat of any kind.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                There's been "no such thing" said about a few species until there was.
                Yea, like bigfoot!!

Comment

I don't know what it was, but it was a large dark colored cat

Comment

Tell you what, nay sayers believe what you want, I’ve seen one in person near Fredericksburg, Texas!!
                    Last edited by DXT Steve; 10-13-2017, 12:02 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

It's a dark grey or black cat that moves and acts exactly like a house cat standing in grass that is 6-8" tall that is hitting him in the belly, so it's clearly the size of a good sized tom cat. Add that to the fact that no one has ever documented the existence of a melanistic mountain lion, and you are forced to come to an obvious conclusion.........

It's a black panther.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        It's a dark grey or black cat that moves and acts exactly like a house cat standing in grass that is 6-8" tall that is hitting him in the belly, so it's clearly the size of a good sized tom cat. Add that to the fact that no one has ever documented the existence of a melanistic mountain lion, and you are forced to come to an obvious conclusion.........

It's a black panther.
                        Always speaking the truth!

And I just gotta ask (as I always do in these unicor....I mean black panther threads)...why are there always so many "sightings" of black panthers and hardly ever a brown one?

Comment

Originally posted by bmc09 View Post
                          When people say panther we just assume they are talking about a leopard. panther is just a color "phase" in large cats. there are black mt. lions and calling them panthers is not totally off the mark.
                          Actually "panther" has nothing to do with color. It has to do with the genus "panthera" which includes lions, tigers, leopards, and jaguars. They are the only big cats that can roar (cougars cannot).

A black panther is, by definition, the black color phase of the jaguar or leopard. There is no such thing as a black cougar (it doesn't exist).

Those of you convinced that there are "black panthers" roaming all over the woods of the US, please just consider the numbers.

Jaguars used to have a home range that included the majority of the Southern United States, but they have since been extirpated from the area. Only very recently has a confirmed visit from a wild jaguar been documented, I believe in Southern Arizona where the cat has been known to cross back and force between Arizona and Mexico. There has been 1 jaguar proven to roam the United States wildly in the last 50 or so years. 1.

The melanistic phase of the jaguar is quite rare. I believe it occurs is 1-in-5000 animals.

There are no leopards in the United States outside of zoos.

There is no melanistic phase of the cougar.

Do the math. You're not seeing black panthers.

Comment

Field lion, or ditch tiger - call it what you want. If its off the front porch its a target!!!

Comment

I'll be on the lookout ��

Comment

That's obviously a saber tooth tiger.

Comment

Working...
                                X