Chiggers......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chiggers......

...little red bugs sent from the devil. Dove hunting this weekend, those suckers ate me up. Ate all my buddies up too. If y'all find yourself in the Brady area, prepare to be ready to scratch your ankles raw. I hate those SOBs.

hot tub, cup of clorox, soak for 30 minutes. Chiggers gone, clorox smell will linger a while

Comment

Listerine I heard will stop the itch

Comment

Man I feel for ya, I hate those **** things. I really react to them, they itch me for weeks after the initial bite. It seems like bourbon in copious amounts is helpful.

Comment

Get you some of this and spray your clothes and boots the night before. Trust me!

Click image for larger version

Name:	chigger.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	24510729

Comment

They've been terrible this year. Everywhere, I think! Use permethrin or off before you go out. Take a bleach water bath after you're infested. About a cup in the tub. This will not stop the itch, but it will keep them from moving. A long swim in the pool will also work. Chigger X cream will help with the itch.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              ...little red bugs sent from the devil. Dove hunting this weekend, those suckers ate me up. I hate those SOBs.

Probably **** flies instead of chiggers..

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                They've been terrible this year. Everywhere, I think! Use permethrin or off before you go out. Take a bleach water bath after you're infested. About a cup in the tub. This will not stop the itch, but it will keep them from moving. A long swim in the pool will also work. Chigger X cream will help with the itch.

Keep what from moving?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Keep what from moving?
                  The chiggers.

Comment

The chiggers.

The chiggers don't stick around...that's an old wives tale. They just bite you, inject an enzyme into you and leave. The memory of them lasts longer though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                      Get you some of this and spray your clothes and boots the night before. Trust me!

[ATTACH]873058[/ATTACH]
                      Use the heck out of that in Canada and NEVER remember to use it around here.

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
                        hot tub, cup of clorox, soak for 30 minutes. Chiggers gone, clorox smell will linger a while
                        I did a hot tub without about 4 cups of Clorox....then put some cortisone cream on the affected areas. It does feel better, but not that much better. I, however, smell very, very clean and disinfected.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          The chiggers don't stick around...that's an old wives tale. They just bite you, inject an enzyme into you and leave. The memory of them lasts longer though.
                          Well, I'm a believer in the old wives tale. I've had em bite me all down my inner thigh and higher, even days after I've been in the weeds. I'll keep taking the bleach baths and supporting the wives tales![emoji6]

Comment

Well, I'm a believer in the old wives tale. I've had em bite me all down my inner thigh and higher, even days after I've been in the weeds. I'll keep taking the bleach baths and supporting the wives tales![emoji6]

If they kept biting you, you didn't get them off your body. That's what the clorox bath is good for. I might have misunderstood your intent....lots of folks think they burrow into your skin. They don't. That's not an old wives tale, it's fake news.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post

[ATTACH]873058[/ATTACH]

This stuff works when it is fresh but I will now re-apply it every time I go out instead of 6 washes or last for 30 days. Wore the clothing again 2 weeks later, no wash and no re-Application and no long boots, they got me. Treat your clothes & long socks, wear long boots and tuck your pants into your socks and apply every time you go out and should be fine. It even repelled the mosquitos on the first visit. They were flying around but would not land on us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X