No announcement yet.

Mister Smart MIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol at all you with no access to the P&Y forum... and rofl at all you P&Ys that didnt get the invite..

Comment

He didn't go on a Mexico hunting trip last week did he?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Lol at all you with no access to the P&Y forum... and rofl at all you P&Ys that didnt get the invite..
        I new their was a cool kids club. I don't want to have two cell my soul to get in.

The above errors were just for Burnadell.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Exactly why TBH isn't as cool as it used to be.

Smart is fine. Just taking a break.

Last night we both had meltdowns during the game. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
          Well I bet that was sweet

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm good folks.......thanks for all the PMs and texts asking about me as well as directing me to this thread. Nothing is wrong, nothing bad has happened (except my sports teams), there is no attention grab nor any emotional affects/ties...(sorry to disappoint we don't have that in common Skinny). We are all good here in the Smart house.

The wife and I (mostly me)just came to an epiphany back in late October/ early November that maybe we spend way too much time on social media and frankly, were burned out on it. When you step back and think about it, it is quite pathetic how much time it takes away from our daily lives and interactions face to face with each other and other humans in general. Spending 6 days at the deer lease in mid November with minimal social media right after that, supported those thoughts and gave us a springboard to give it a shot. So.. we just continued on and decided to step away a little from our biggest draws of her Pinterest, some book/teachers/readers site and my TBH for awhile to see where it took us. No big deal really..I didn't want to post any "I'm leaving announcement thread" or make a big deal out of it because it was nothing like Skinny suggested in his posts. I just stepped away quietly and went about my business. This thread being brought to my attention, kinda drew me out, after reading some of the latest posts so I figured I'd take some time to explain the above. The better half and I are just trying to spend more time together and with friends in person instead of sitting on a computer in separate rooms posting away. To say the least, it has been good for, as Radar puts it, the "aggravationless" soul.....so we are going to continue on with it..

And yes, a Cowboys meltdown did happen on FB and via text but in my defense she was sitting right next to me watching so we are still on track.. I'll still read some and post here and there but I'm (we're) making a conscience effort to reduce a lot of social media and see where it takes us. Moderation is the key... To quote the infamous Paul Harvey....."Now you know the rest of the story...good day"...
            Last edited by Smart; 12-06-2019, 09:17 AM.

Comment

That's awesome Jason!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                I'm good folks.......thanks for all the PMs and texts asking about me as well as directing me to this thread. Nothing is wrong, nothing bad has happened (except my sports teams), there is no attention grab nor any emotional affects/ties...(sorry to disappoint we don't have that in common Skinny). We are all good here in the Smart house.

The wife and I (mostly me)just came to an epiphany back in late October/ early November that maybe we spend way too much time on social media and frankly, were burned out on it. When you step back and think about it, it is quite pathetic how much time it takes away from our daily lives and interactions face to face with each other and other humans in general. Spending 6 days at the deer lease in mid November with minimal social media right after that, supported those thoughts and gave us a springboard to give it a shot. So.. we just continued on and decided to step away a little from our biggest draws of her Pinterest, some book/teachers/readers site and my TBH for awhile to see where it took us. No big deal really..I didn't want to post any "I'm leaving announcement thread" or make a big deal out of it because it was nothing like Skinny suggested in his posts. I just stepped away quietly and went about my business. This thread being brought to my attention, kinda drew me out, after reading some of the latest posts so I figured I'd take some time to explain the above. The better half and I are just trying to spend more time together and with friends in person instead of sitting on a computer in separate rooms posting away. To say the least, it has been good for, as Radar puts it, the "aggravationless" soul.....so we are going to continue on with it..

And yes, a Cowboys meltdown did happen on FB and via text but in my defense she was sitting right next to me watching so we are still on track.. I'll still read some and post here and there but I'm (we're) making a conscience effort to reduce a lot of social media and see where it takes us. To quote the infamous Paul Harvey....."Now you know the rest of the story...good day"...

Good for you bud. I made the same decision a couple of years ago. It was a positive thing for me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And yes, a Cowboys meltdown did happen on FB and via text but in my defense she was sitting right next to me watching so we are still on track.. I'll still read some and post here and there but I'm (we're) making a conscience effort to reduce a lot of social media and see where it takes us. Moderation is the key... To quote the infamous Paul Harvey....."Now you know the rest of the story...good day"...

Good post! I was at my sisters house for Thanksgiving and notice a point after eating where almost everyone was sitting around on their phones. I know I post a lot on here and for some reason people even get butt hurt over it
                  I also know there's a time and place. Being around so many family members I thought it was sad to see so many in their own little world staring at their phones.

You made a great post Smart best of luck to you and the Mrs. Time is something none of us ever have enough of. When you can, spend it with the people closest to you. Nothing wrong with social media, but don't let it replace real relationships
                  Last edited by AntlerCollector; 12-06-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Glad you are still with us winder liker.

Comment

Wow, a pretty powerful post coming from you sir. Good read and glad to hear all is well. AC needs a hug when you get a chance he missed you dearly.

Comment

Good deal Jason. Every now and then we all could use a break.
                        We had a digital detox challenge at our church last month where we agreed to not use our phones from sun down to sun up.

But now I feel like this.
                        Last edited by Hoggslayer; 12-06-2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Ok Boomer

Comment

That's good, probably need to do the same with my wife... I was worried you had dirt on the Clinton's

Comment

GAY! Jk, good luck buddy.

Comment

I've pretty much cut out FB for that same reason. I don't do any social media anymore. This is the only site I visit from time to time but disconnecting from all that, including my phone is very liberating. When I get home I put my phone on the kitchen counter and never look at it again unless someone texts me or it rings. No reason to pick it up otherwise. I really enjoy not being a slave to that thing. Good for you Jason.

Comment

Working...
                                X