No announcement yet.

Stop grinding deer shoulders- Mississippi pot roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the OP's list and amount of ingredients, about how much should the chunk of meat weigh, or does it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
      With the OP's list and amount of ingredients, about how much should the chunk of meat weigh, or does it matter?

I used a two and a half pound roast for me an my kiddo. Could doubled that easy if not more. I’ve got a smaller crock pot though.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
        I used a two and a half pound roast for me an my kiddo. Could doubled that easy if not more. I’ve got a smaller crock pot though.

Sierracharlie out…
        Thanks, wife is at the store now. Didn't want to get too big of a roast and not have enough flavor.

Comment

Thanks, wife is at the store now. Didn't want to get too big of a roast and not have enough flavor.

No problem at all. Let’s us know how it turns out.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Two thumbs up! It made great sliders.

Comment

Good Lord I added a sliced up white onion and some baby carrots. The smell is killin me [emoji30][emoji30] Ain’t no way I’m waiting until dinner. Gonna try to hold off until half time. [emoji12]

Comment

Ok guys...I’m a believer in a BIG WAY! This was ridiculously easy....I mean STUPID EASY and just fantastic flavor. My wife and son are as equally impressed. The pepperoncinis almost disappear but create that incredible au jus!

THANKS FOR SHARING!
                I’m sold...I won’t be doing pot roast any other way from now on. Good, good stuff
                Last edited by RascalArms; 12-15-2019, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                  Ok guys...I’m a believer in a BIG WAY! This was ridiculously easy....I mean STUPID EASY and just fantastic flavor. My wife and son are as equally impressed. The pepperoncinis almost disappear but create that incredible au jus!

THANKS FOR SHARING!

I’m sold...I won’t be doing pot roast any other way from now on. Good, good stuff

Yes sir outstanding! I did the same thing with the onion. Easy and takes no time at all to get started. God it turned out so good.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post

THANKS FOR SHARING!
                    Looks good Joel! I'm not a roast guy, but them sammiches others have talked about sure sound good. Wife picked up everything except the meat today. She didn't like the selection at Wally world.

Comment

I think your fine with anything in the 2-4 lb range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably good for a 3-4 pound roast. I doubled the recipe and used 2 beef roasts that were between 3 and 4 pounds each and it was really good.

Comment

Will try something similar soon! I watched Remi Warren make javelina tacos from a shoulder and I want to try it with 2 WT shoulders in the freezer! I want to smoke my for a bit then drop it in the crockpot.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                            Will try something similar soon! I watched Remi Warren make javelina tacos from a shoulder and I want to try it with 2 WT shoulders in the freezer! I want to smoke my for a bit then drop it in the crockpot.
                            The first thing I thought when reading this thread was, "I wonder if this would work for a smoke rub?" Lol. Gonna try it in the Crock-Pot first though.

Comment

Tried it. WOW. I'm not sure how I'm just now finding out about this! It's going to be my new go-to, easy meal.

Comment

I've gotta try this...subscribed!

Comment

Working...
                                X