Ozonics repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ozonics repair

I went to sit for pigs this morning, and consulted three different apps for wind. All said SE. They were all wrong. I used a wind checker to confirm this. I saw a small buck enter my food plot, start to eat, then jerked his head up and went back into the woods. No pigs showed although they have been coming each morning. As I turned the Ozonics unit 180 degrees, I failed to smell the ozone. Looked at the coil and it wasn't glowing. I know I've read somewhere how to change the coil using some aftermarket materials, but I can't remember whether it was here or AT. Anybody out there with this knowledge ?

I'm sending it back to them for repair this time, but I would like to do it myself if it fails again and have the materials on hand ahead of time. All info welcome !

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    I went to sit for pigs this morning, and consulted three different apps for wind. All said SE. They were all wrong. I used a wind checker to confirm this. I saw a small buck enter my food plot, start to eat, then jerked his head up and went back into the woods. No pigs showed although they have been coming each morning. As I turned the Ozonics unit 180 degrees, I failed to smell the ozone. Looked at the coil and it wasn't glowing. I know I've read somewhere how to change the coil using some aftermarket materials, but I can't remember whether it was here or AT. Anybody out there with this knowledge ?

I'm sending it back to them for repair this time, but I would like to do it myself if it fails again and have the materials on hand ahead of time. All info welcome !
    It was here, I remember that thread. Mine did it while under warranty and they fixed it, but next time I will have to do it myself. Let me see if i can find that thread.

Comment

Comment

I sent mine back for the same issue telling them I was the second owner and they repaired it for free with a quick turn time.

People like that will continue to get my business and a kind word when possible.

Comment

What kind of wind checker you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Perkins7581 View Post
            What kind of wind checker you using?
            Apps ? Scoutlook, Windcompass, and the one that's generally right, the little weather app that came on my iphone.

The puff bottle made liars out of all of them this morning though.

Comment

That's the one ! Thanks miket, gonna order a couple of these and be ready next time.

Comment

The other thing you might do is take it apart and remove the coil and clean it. Mine had some build up on it similar to the calcium build up on a dying battery post... I cleaned it and put it back together and it worked like brand new. I was able to get another season out of it before I actually had to change the coil. I think that's in the thread link above too.

Comment

FYI, there's also a thread somewhere about how to rebuild the batteries for them too. This is a project I'm about to undertake too... You can also just wire in a 12 volt small plug in the bottom of it and plug it into a 12 volt feeder battery and it will run for days. I think this is the quick fix I'm going to do for now as the season is here and I'm out of time...
                  I only worry about using it when I'm specifically targeting deer. No matter what I've tried to do, I've never been able to fool a hog's nose and the Ozonics has never worked for that either... I don't even bother anymore. If the wind ain't right for a particular setup, I don't hunt for hogs in that setup. With good scent control practices and the Ozonics, I can almost always hunt any wind at any of my setups for deer.

Comment

i actually found that coil on a chineese website. cost me next to nothing for a handful of them.

I've put them in my units and they work great.

Comment

so is the difference between the 200 and the 300 the size of the coil? I was just looking at site from the other thread and I found that the coil for the 100 is twice the size as the 30.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        FYI, there's also a thread somewhere about how to rebuild the batteries for them too. This is a project I'm about to undertake too... You can also just wire in a 12 volt small plug in the bottom of it and plug it into a 12 volt feeder battery and it will run for days. I think this is the quick fix I'm going to do for now as the season is here and I'm out of time...
                        I only worry about using it when I'm specifically targeting deer. No matter what I've tried to do, I've never been able to fool a hog's nose and the Ozonics has never worked for that either... I don't even bother anymore. If the wind ain't right for a particular setup, I don't hunt for hogs in that setup. With good scent control practices and the Ozonics, I can almost always hunt any wind at any of my setups for deer.
                        Slick, what sold me on the Ozonics was the fact that I had both a hog and a coyote come in from downwind on two separate sits in a creek bottom that's hard to hunt. The hog stayed straight downwind at about fifty yards eating acorns until he walked almost under me. This is a box stand, but the swirling winds make it hard to hunt. Being hardheaded, I almost ruined this setup trying to hunt it in what I thought would be a good wind, ( got busted several times ) until I finally started using the Ozonics. My wife bought it for me five years ago, but I never used it until last year, mainly just to hunt that stand.

Comment

Working...
                        X